Chapter 92

The following morning, Freen informed me that I wasn't needed on the site for the day as they were working on smoothing the area. It turns out we didn't have to be there every day, especially since the workers struggled due to Freen's unusual presence affecting their work.

So, we decided to spend the day indoors, reviewing the materials. But there was something distracting about Freen's gaze as I scanned through everything. I found it hard to concentrate at all.

Freen took off her reading glasses and propped her chin on her hands, watching me intently.

Man, this woman sure knows how to make things awkward.

I cleared my throat, hoping to break the tension, but she didn't budge. She continued to look at me, so I met her gaze. She offered a reassuring smile and gestured for me to continue reading.

"How am I supposed to read with you staring at me like that? Can't you go to your office and do your own work?" I asked, a bit exasperated.

"My job is to look after you," she replied without breaking eye contact. "That's what I'm doing right now."

"Look, I can't focus with you here." I scolded her.

"But it's not really your job to focus on this." Freen tidied up the desk and neatly organized the papers into a folder. "This project will be successful even if you don't review it multiple times. Trust me, babe." She grinned.

"Trust your face." I playfully stuck out my tongue and rolled my eyes as I stood up. However, she stood up too and playfully guided me back onto the table, accidentally knocking some things onto the floor.

"Freen!" I exclaimed, but she held me in place, even putting my legs around her waist. "What on earth are you doing?" I asked, slightly bewildered, as she inched closer.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm trying to seduce you," she teased, gently pulling on the back of my neck until we were mere inches apart.

Freen smirked, her eyes briefly flickering to my lips before locking onto my gaze, and she playfully licked her lips.

"You're not really seducing me. This is..." I paused, struggling to find the right word. Should I say harassment? But that sounds too strong.

"This is what?" Freen inquired, chuckling.

Ugh. Why does her voice suddenly sound so alluring? Especially the way her tongue glides inside her mouth... Focus, Rebecca! You're a strong woman. Stay composed!

I sighed, giving her a pointed look. Just as I was about to push her away, she intercepted my movement, effortlessly placing her hands behind my back and drawing us even closer.

My heart raced, her breath becoming audible. We were so close that another inch would have us kissing. I need to break free before I give in.

Wait, what am I even doing? Saint confirmed that she wasn't the person with Amanda, right?

"What exactly do you want?" I asked, trying to regain some control.

"Simple. You," Freen replied honestly. "I want you right now."

"I'm not that easy to win over, Freen." I smirked, pushing her away with all my might before getting up and heading away.

Even if she didn't cheat on me, she still broke her promise! That's reason enough not to give in to her.

"Are you still upset because I didn't return?" she inquired, just as I was about to exit my office.

I halted, glancing back at her. She stood there, arms crossed, giving me a scrutinizing look.

"Or is it because you suspect I cheated?" she continued, stepping closer. "How many times do I have to tell you—" I cut her off by gently placing my finger on her lips.

"Stop," I requested firmly. "I need some space."

Turning around, I opened the door, only to have a pair of hands wrap around me. Freen rested her chin on my shoulder, preventing me from leaving.

"I already gave you space. Isn't that enough?" she queried, referring to the days she'd distanced herself from me even though we were physically together. "Tell me, what else do you need? Besides space. I'll do anything to make you come back to me. We can return to our house right now, if you want. We can take Becken to all sorts of places. Just don't ask me to go away and leave you alone. I can't do that, babe. I can't."

Freen buried her face in my neck, her sincerity undeniable.

My heart raced uncontrollably. She was being so genuine.

I remembered Saint's advice to keep Freen close while he investigated the situation.

"Do you truly want to win me back?" I questioned, feeling Freen's nod against my neck. With a sigh, I relented. "Then make me fall in love with you all over again." I challenged her.

I knew this wasn't the best idea, considering I hadn't actually fallen out of love with her. But it was the only way I could think of to keep her by my side.

Best of luck to Saint in uncovering the truth. And as for me, good luck in resisting the undeniable charm of the woman right behind me.