Chapter 24

I woke up to the bright rays of sunlight, which momentarily blinded me. As I turned around, I saw Freen peacefully sleeping beside me.

Her face looked so innocent compared to last night. It seemed as though she hadn't done anything mischievous at all.

Last night was intense and genuine. I couldn't help but smile as I watched her peaceful expression. I gently caressed her cheeks and traced the bridge of her nose.

Freen is amazing, and I regret not knowing her earlier.

However, there was still a question lingering in my mind. How did I end up waking up in a hospital without her? And why do I suddenly find out that I'm pregnant? Did she somehow perform a procedure on me without my consent? And why have I only just remembered this now?

I still remember what happened that night, but everything after that is a complete blur.

I want to uncover the truth, but it also frightens me. What if Freen only found me because of Becken? She mentioned that her parents wanted her to have a child, but she couldn't. So, what if she used me for that purpose?

The only way to prove that she truly loves me is to keep her away from Becken and ensure she doesn't find out that I have a child.

As another worry weighed on my mind, I sighed. Becken looks so much like Saint; perhaps Saint was the sperm donor. Maybe they implanted Freen's embryo in me, which means Becken isn't really mine biologically. I only carried him, but his genes, his blood, and everything about him don't come from me.

What if they find out about him? Will they try to take him away from me? The mere thought of losing Becken brought tears to my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Freen asked in a husky voice as she woke up.

I wiped my eyes and shook my head. I didn't want to leave Freen, but I couldn't hide Becken from her forever. I should ask Nam not to bring him back home for a while.

"Nothing, I'm just happy," I smiled and chuckled.

Freen gently wiped my tears and kissed my eyes. "Don't cry. I can't stand seeing you cry," she said, pulling me into her arms.

I felt a sense of comfort. Being with her felt like being in a safe haven. I didn't want to let go of her embrace, but eventually, we had to.

Freen kissed my forehead and suggested we shower together, so we did. Afterward, Freen took me back home and headed to the office. She also told me to take the day off from work and rest for a while.

As I entered the house, I realized the door wasn't locked. Did Nam come back? But I specifically told her to stay away for a while so I could figure things out.

With my heart racing, I cautiously entered the house. I saw a person sitting on the couch, as if waiting for someone. Did he open the door? How did he get the key?

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Becky, it's me. Finally, I found you."