Chapter 69

Saint agreed to take care of Becken for the meantime since Mr. Chankimha told him not to leave the hospital yet.

I have work, and so does Freen. We decided to visit Becken from time to time. He was fine with it, claiming he's already grown up. However, he didn't agree to call Saint 'Daddy'. Saint understood.

After showering, I went to Freen's office and found her engrossed in an old floorplan. "You okay?" I asked.

Freen looked surprised but nodded, inviting me to sit on her lap so we could look at the blueprint together.

"This is our new home," she said.

"New home?" I asked, puzzled. "I thought we were staying here. And why did you buy Nam's old house if we're moving?"

"I planned this before, I wanted to surprise you. But now that you saw me, I have to spill the surprise." Freen smiled, hugging my waist.

"You're so honest," I teased, gently pinching her nose.

"I want to be honest with you all the time. I don't want to keep secrets from you, Becky. That's how much I love you," she said.

I sighed, feeling touched by her words.

"Freen..." I said her name softly, caressing her arms around my waist. "Since your father will dismiss the lawsuit, are you really going to find your child?" I asked.

Freen bit her lip and sighed, deep in thought. She shook her head. "As much as I want to find my child, there's a possibility that the child wasn't born. And what makes me curious is why did Heng make you pregnant if he already knows he put my embryo into another woman?" Freen pondered.

I was caught off guard too. If Freen wanted to have a child and Heng was just helping her, then why did he do that to me?

"But what if Heng didn't do it?" I wondered.

"That's what I'm thinking too. What if someone else entered the hospital that day and did the procedure? I heard Heng has a lot of enemies in the hospital who wanted him gone. What if they did that to ruin Heng's reputation?" Freen asked. "Heng can only answer all of this."

I stood up and took Freen's hands, leading her to our room. I sat her down and gave her a comforting massage.

"But Heng admitted his mistake, right?" I asked again.

Freen nodded. "My head is spinning with all these thoughts. I want to know the truth, but I'm afraid it won't change anything. I'm scared that if I try to find the child, I might lose Becken in the process."

"Thank you, Freen," I whispered.

Freen furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Never mind," I shook my head.

In time, the truth will reveal itself. I'll just wait for the right moment.

"Let's sleep, babe. We have lots of work to do tomorrow," Freen said, pulling me onto the bed.

Once, Freen drifted off to sleep I looked at the ceiling.

I think I'm just overthinking things. Perhaps, Freen will never leave us no matter what happens.

"I'll be honest with you too, soon." I smiled sadly and kissed her forehead before going to sleep.

a/n: Please wait for my updates. Stop overthinking too much. You'll know the answers to your questions soon.