CHAPTER - 5

Chuck walked with his suitcase for a while. After inquiring about the hotels nearby, he got in a taxi and went to the Triumph Hotel.

The magnificent buildings, the glorious decorations, and the luxurious European interiors shocked him to his core.

This was the busiest hotel in the city, which the cheapest standard hotel rooms cost at least 800 dollars.

In the past, Chuck did not dare to think that he could spend in such a place, but now it was different.

When Chuck was about to go in, he saw Yvette's car swerving in and parking itself in the parking lot.

Chuck was so shocked that he hid aside in a hurry.

"This is a hotel! What is she doing here?" Chuck felt extremely bitter in his heart. Is his wifey going to sleep with another man? Although the two of them didn't get a marriage certificate and it was just grandpa's arrangement, he felt very uncomfortable when he thought that the woman he once held in his arms was going to sleep with others.

After Yvette went in, Chuck took his luggage and walked in.

As soon as he entered the door, he heard a strange voice saying, "Oh my god, who is this? Isn't this Chuck?"

Chuck turned his head and found Lara strolling in with her boyfriend, Conrad Lee in her arms. Lara's face was full of scorn as if Chuck was not qualified to come to such a high-end hotel.

"Who is this?" Conrad glanced at Chuck and asked casually.

"Chuck Cannon, my classmate, I'm telling you, this person picked up two thousand dollars, but he didn't return it and instead spent it himself. I really admire this kind of person."

Conrad glanced at Chuck, the corners of his mouth twitching in sarcasm. "Haha, maybe such trash hasn't seen two thousand dollars before."

"Don't talk nonsense about this kind of rubbish. Let's go in quickly, my dear." Lara held Conrad's arm tightly in her arms as if she couldn't wait to enter the hotel.

Chuck frowned slightly and ignored them, dragging his luggage into the hotel.

"A standard room please." Conrad took out his identity card, and Lara followed suit shyly.

The pretty staff at the front desk checked on the hotel's database and said, "I'm sorry, today's standard room has been fully booked."

"Ah..."

Lara's face was full of dissatisfaction and loss.

Conrad continued to ask, "How about a larger."

"I'm really sorry." The pretty staff at the front desk checked again, her tone extremely apologetic.

"Only the presidential suite is currently available." Conrad probed carefully, "The presidential suite? How much is that?"

He said so in a hesitant tone. For them, they would usually get a standard room that costs a few hundred dollars every time they got a room. As students, it was already pretty extravagant for them to spend a few hundred dollars like this.