CHAPTER - 71

Lara Jane happily sent a message to "Local Tyrant".

"Thank you, I'll give you a surprise tonight."

"l envy you for having a friend like him," Fanny Lowe sounded very jealous. If Lara's friend could handle this matter with only a few words, how influential could he be?

Lara looked pleased, but when she saw Chuck Cannon walking towards the private room, she pouted her lips and caught up with him.

"Hey!" Lara yelled.

Chuck turned his head and heard a crack. His hand had hit something. Chuck looked stunned. When he turned his head, he saw a broken bottle of red wine on the ground. The waiter holding the tray was looking at Chuck in shock.

The muscles on Chuck's face were twitching.

He thought, Great, and now it's my turn?

"Sir, you..." The waiter came to his senses and said in a firm tone, "Sir, this bottle of wine that you broke is a Lafite."

"Call your manager over!" Lara said as she rushed to the scene.

Chuck appeared shaken.

The waiter hesitated for a moment, but he had no choice and left shortly to get his boss.

After all, an immediate superior needed to deal with this incident.

"Don't worry. You put in kind words for me earlier. Now, it's my turn to return you the favour. That way, we're even." Lara said.

Chuck still could not find his voice. He stared at Lara with an odd expression.

"What are you staring at?" Lara was on high alert. Was this guy still thinking about sleeping with her despite the situation now?

"You've had two chances. You've wasted them both, and now you're still hoping for it? It will not happen!"

"Let me remind you I already have a boyfriend, and he is well-to-do. Quit fantasizing about me already." Lara said while showing Chuck her phone. She clicked an image on WeChat as if she was bragging about it, and the guy in the photo was none other than the "Local Tyrant".

Chuck felt weirder and mumbled deep inside himself, When did I become your boyfriend? How could you be so shameless?

"Listen to me carefully. I already have a boyfriend who I love very much. Don't assume that I saved you because of other intentions. Don't get me wrong. I helped you since you said something nice to me, and that's it." Lara put away her cell phone.

Chuck did not know how to react. He was at a loss for words. Would Lara feel upset and hesitant when he tells her that the "Local Tyrant was him?

Chuck wanted to speak out, and he was also ready to take out the evidence.

However, Lara was getting impatient already. "Why isn't your manager coming? Do you have any idea who's my boyfriend?" The waiter could only do a follow-up with his manager.