CHAPTER - 22

Chuck Cannon was bewildered. He had never seen his mother in his entire life, seemingly to be living abroad the first time she called him. He quickly asked her when she was coming back.

"In a few days! I'll come back first, your dad will stay there."

He was teary-eyed and asked her what she was going to do when she came back after being abroad for so many years.

His mother's answer was short and simple. "I'm buying everything!"

Chuck chuckled at this answer. Just what was she planning to buy?

"l have to end the call here, wait for me then," His mother said.

"Will you recognize me?" Chuck was curious. After all, they had never met each other before. To be more accurate, he was the one who had never seen them before.

"Silly child, you are my son. How can I not recognize you? I have to go, see you."

Chuck's mother hung up the phone in a hurry, maybe she was busy.

Chuck was looking forward to it. He couldn't start to imagine how wealthy his mother was. She had already given him 15 million dollars just a few days ago. What in the world was she going to buy when she came back?

It was beyond his imagination! What if she bought a company? And made him the general manager?

Chuck's imagination drifted off further.

At this moment, Zelda Maine was walking back to the car. Her long legs slipped into the seat beside him, and he couldn't help asking what Yvette Jordan and her talked about it. He was only worried that Zelda would reveal his secret that he was supposed to be showing up to meet Yvette yesterday. If that was the case, Yvette would have guessed easily that he was the Local Tyrant.

"Nothing much. Zelda shook her head.

Chuck fidgeted nervously in his seat but there was nothing he could do. As Zelda drove them both out of the university compound, his eyes fell on Yvette who was staring at their car. Strangely, she didn't look angry at all. Perhaps what Zelda had said to her had nothing to do with Chuck at all. As for what did they actually talked about, only God would know.

Still, Yvette seemed to have a complicated expression on her face. He squinted to check, yep,

she was feeling a bit complicated indeed.

Chuck urged himself to stop thinking about it.

Unbeknownst to him, Lara Jean had witnessed Chuck getting on and getting driven off in a fancy car. She was blown away and even more envious.

Why does he have so many rich friends? Why didn't she know any?

But fortunately, she knew one recently!

Lara checked her messages expectantly. After seeing the Local Tyrant's contact, she felt a sense of relief, She curled her lips and raised her phone to take a selfie. She took a photo of her showing a little cleavage and sent it to the Local Tyrant. In the message, it said, "I'm going out."