CHAPTER - 54

Chuck stopped thinking about it after a while. How could he mess with the ill Yvette at this time?

Yvette might not like it if he forced her into doing so, even if she was willing to, her weak body was not suitable for that activity too!

Chuck came out of the bathroom and saw Yvette eating porridge on the sofa. He was relieved seeing her up and about as her complexion looked a little better.

Chuck no longer had any intention of sleeping with her after seeing her current condition.

"I guess it's time for me to go back," Chuck said gently.

"Alright then, thank you." Yvette stood up coldly and then said, "It's better to walk further to the main street as it's easier to flag a taxi there."

"Okay." Chuck did not tell her about him driving over.

"Take this." Yvette took out 500 dollars from her bag, walked over, and handed it to the dumbfounded Chuck.

"What is this for?"

"The money is for the medicine you brought, as well as compensate you for travelling back and forth from here," Yvette said coldly.

Chuck felt helpless. It was only a few dollars for the medicine and there was really no need for her to pay him back.

"No, you keep it." Chuck shook his head. This was too courteous of her.

"Take it. You need money to pay your rent and also your meals." Yvette insisted. Then, Chuck grabbed her hand and refused. Yvette's cold body was trembling, and her face was a little red.

"You really don't have to do that. We've been together for so long. No need to do that." Chuck was a little disappointed.

It was not a good thing for Yvette to be too courteous. After all, he didn't come for money. He came for... Although they didn't do anything, it was also good for him to come and see Yvette.

"Mm." Yvette's cold hand struggled for a moment before she withdrew her hand. Her expression was unnatural and the atmosphere in the room became a little awkward.

Chuck wanted to kiss her so badly. Her lips were very sexy. They had slept together for so long but Chuck had never kissed her before. He wanted to know how it felt to kiss her lips.

However, Chuck held himself back. He knew clearly that her impression of him would deteriorate badly if she refused his kiss and pushed him away.

"Have a good rest. I'm leaving now." Chuck broke the silence.

"Okay."

He opened the door and went out, but Yvette suddenly said, "Has the owner Of the plaza you're at changed?"

Chuck shook his head and indicated he didn't know.

"Okay, be careful on the way."

Chuck went downstairs and left after getting in the car. He smiled as he thought about it over and over again on the way.