CHAPTER - 45

"This is my restaurant. I don't even want you to eat here! Get out of here, do you hear me?" The middle-aged man pointed at Chuck and scolded him with a sense of superiority on his face!

Chuck said nothing but just squinted at him!

"Chuck, I'm sorry. You should go to have dinner first."

Queenie was tearful and said to Chuck with a crying voice. She was touched, but this middle-aged man was not only a manager. She heard that he had shares in this restaurant, so she couldn't afford to offend him.

She was worried that Chuck would be bullied. He was only a student just like her. If he provoked a person like this, he would suffer. Chuck couldn't bear looking at Queenie cry.

The middle-aged man sneered and waved his hand. "You don't want to get out? In that case, Queenie, you can't work here anymore. Pack up your things and get out of here! I never liked your attitude, and now you even brought a brat here!"

Queenie's body trembled as she bit her lips. She lifted her hand to wipe her tears and forced a smile while still sobbing and said, "Chuck, let's leave. I quit. "

The middle-aged man scoffed at them, "You are quite sensible! If you want to get out of here, get out of here as soon as possible!"

After being scolded, Queenie couldn't help but start crying again. Chuck glanced at the middle-aged man and pulled Queenie behind him. He said gently, "Well, it's good that you quit. Just wait for a white."

Why were his eyes so confident? What was he going to do?

Queenie was full of questions and gratitude while being pulled along by Chuck. He was trying to help her here.

But her reason and rationale kicked in. She said in a hurry, "Chuck, it's alright, let's go. We can't afford to offend such a person."

"Can't afford to offend him?"

Chuck suddenly smiled and said, "Don't worry, we can afford to offend him."

Queenie was even more anxious. She clearly knew that the restaurant had a lot of investment put into it, proving that the manager was rich. Chuck didn't have that much money, so how could he afford to offend such a rich person?

Queenie cried even more anxiously.

Chuck raised his hand and gently wiped away the tears on her face. "Don't cry. Don't worry!"

The tone of his voice was light-hearted and yet full of inexplicable confidence. Queenie was stunned.

What... happened to him?

Chuck had changed a lot in the past few days.

Queenie was moved and nodded. She decided to trust him. She made up her mind: She was going to leave anyway, what was there to be afraid of? So what if she had no money? At least Chuck stood up for her. At worst, she could grab him and run away together.

"Stop dilly-dallying and just scram! You guys are so slow, it's no wonder that you are poor! Get out of here!" The middle-aged man continued to taunt them.