CHAPTER - 40

Just as Chuck was thinking about it, the ringing of his mobile phone suddenly broke the silence in the car. His thoughts were immediately dispelled once he noticed that it was Yvette.

This was a typical "wife checking on husband" scenario.

Chuck didn't answer the call because his mobile phone was connected to the car's Bluetooth function. He couldn't let Charlotte Yates hear Yvette's voice, could he?

"I'll send you home," Chuck said.

"Ok." Charlotte was disappointed. If Chuck really wanted to touch her, then he would have touched her when he was driving just now.

Chuck didn't talk much since he had to call Yvette as soon as possible.

He continued to drive to Charlotte's place. When they arrived at the destination, she got out of the car.

After bidding goodbye, Chuck turned the car around and left without looking back. Charlotte sighed, was she not attractive enough? Perhaps, since a rich young man like him would've had the chance to deal with many different kinds of women. She bit her lip and went upstairs,

Meanwhile, the first thing Chuck did after he turned his car around was to call Yvette. He was mainly surprised, why would Yvette call him this late at night?

The phone was connected.

"Where are you? Why didn't you come to class today?" Yvette's voice could be heard clearly.

She went to class today but didn't see Chuck in class as usual. Obviously, she was slightly angry.

She really wanted to call him and question him, but she endured it.

What annoyed her was that ever since he knew Zelda Maine, he started to skip class frequently.

Was she really subservient compared to Zelda? This was a fleeting thought in her mind.

Chuck could only try to cover up that he was busy today. After all, he couldn't tell her that today he spent around four million dollars to buy a car, as well as take a pretty lady out for dinner, could he?

Even if he said so, she wouldn't believe him either.

"Remember to attend class even if you have things to do!" Yvette said.

"Understood. By the way, have you eaten?" Chuck couldn't help but care about her. Despite calling to reprimand him, Yvette's tone had long changed compared to the cold, mean tones that she used long before.

"Good night then."

"Good night."

After hanging up the phone, Chuck let out a sigh of relief and drove back.

For the next two days, Chuck took out time to fix the car plate on his car. Since Harold Wendel had helped to finish up the procedures for the transfer of the square, Chuck just had to go sign a few documents to complete the process. When the call came, Chuck went over to sign the contract, and he was now the new boss of City Square!

Chuck could feel the pressure sliding in, and he was also going to initiate his plans to transform the square. After all, he couldn't let his mother down.