CHAPTER - 30

Manager Yarn noticed that Chuck's call had ended, and he taunted him mercilessly, "So what did the police say? You should've complained to the police that your wifey was beaten up! Probably then the police would come to your aid and save the day."

Chuck continued staring at him with an eerily calm composure as the manager walked over to him.

The few minutes that Yvette waited for Chuck felt like an eternity! Manager Yarn kept on harassing and provoking her, leaving her in despair.

Was it even useful to call the police now? Was this what he meant by 'helping her', by confidently pulling herself over to confront with Manager Yarn and calling the police for help?

If that was the case, then she had enough!

Once, she had thought of accepting this person who slept together with her from young. However, his weakness, indecisiveness, laziness and just bad overall performance in both studies and attitude had already decided his future path. How would such a person have any promising achievements in society?

So, she chose the path that was the best for both of them: separation.

Today, she noticed Chuck's new look and thought that he was reborn anew. She thought that the day for Chuck to actually be able to stand for himself and achieve greater heights was here. Yet, it was all just an illusion, a mirage that she thought she saw but was just her imagination.

With hope, comes a greater sense of disappointment. This was the type of displeasure that Yvette was feeling now.

Manager Yarn tried to kick him.

Chuck took one look and stepped backwards, avoiding Manager Yarn's kick effortlessly. He had done so with a type of gracefulness and calmness as though nothing was wrong, and he was just stepping backwards to enjoy the scenery in front of him.

Manager Yarn frowned and cursed in his heart: Is this guy stupid? Acting all pretentious despite not calling the police?

"Don't waste my time. I don't have time to play with a fool like you!" Manager Yarn smirked as he rolled up his sleeves in an effort to try to beat Chuck up.

"Chuck Cannon, let's go!"

Yvette called out to Chuck bitterly. She had decided that this would be the last time she called out Chuck's name. She didn't want to be in this place anymore, not even for a second!

What was the point Of even being here? To be insulted by others continuously?

However, Chuck still did not budge. Yvette shook her head, why did she even follow him here in the first place?

Ding, ding, ding!

At that moment, Chuck's phone rang and he picked it up to answer the call, the edges of his mouth curving into a smirk a few seconds later.

Such calm composure and provoking smile pissed. Manager Yarn even further. He thought, "Smile? I'll give you a few f*cking slaps and let's see who's the one smiling now!"

He stormed over and was about to hit Chuck!

But then!