CHAPTER - 24

While Yvette Jordan was crying alone in despair, Chuck Cannon was in a dilemma. He didn't feel so good as Zelda Maine brought him somewhere strange.

"Sister Zelda, what are you..."

Chuck was really helpless. He thought that Zelda had something important to show him on the phone and wondered what it was. Never did he expect the important issue to be Zelda's best friend's birthday party.

What did this mean? What kind of status was Chuck required to have to attend Zelda's best friend's birthday party?

"Just do me a favour. My best friend has been matchmaking me to other guys. If I bring you with me, she'll know and stop..."

"Ah? Sister Zelda is still single?' Chuck noticed something important. Zelda was around 27 to 28 years old, the prime of her age.

She was pretty, rich, and had a graceful aura topped with an amazing figure. How could such a perfect woman be single?

He couldn't understand. There should be a lot of people chasing after her, right? Could it be that Zelda's requirements for a boyfriend were too high?

"Yes, I have always been single, and I think I will always be single in the future." Zelda clarified.

"Always? Sister Zelda, aren't you going to get married and have kids?" Chuck was really surprised. Did she want to stay single? Zelda has good genes, so it would really be a waste not to have any children.

"Why do I have to get married? I'm fine on my own, and I'm not interested in men anyways." Zelda shook her head.

"Ah?" Chuck was once again shocked by what she said. Was she a lesbian?

"Sister Zelda, do you like women?' Chuck asked curiously.

"No, I don't like women and I don't like men. I just see through them and think it's better to be single," Zelda said.

Alright.

Chuck still thought it was a pity. To be honest, though, there were not many men that could be a match for beautiful women like Zelda. It was better for her to be single than to lower her status and marry someone else.

However, at the same time, Chuck understood what she meant. Since it was her best friend's birthday, many friends of Zelda would attend too.

For now, Chuck would have to be Zelda's excuse. He didn't mind anyway.

"Do you agree?' Zelda smiled.

Chuck sighed. Now that they were here, he had no choice but to agree.

"Yes."

"Thank you. I won't let you help me in vain. I can promise you a request." Zelda said earnestly.

"Is there a limit to this request?" Chuck asked subconsciously. If that was the case, it would not be so bad.

"Don't think too much," Zelda added.

Well, he did think too much just now. After all, Zelda's figure was so alluring to the point that he couldn't help but have indecent thoughts.