CHAPTER - 81

When Zelda Maine said that, Manny Lowe and the other two ladies were so dumbfounded that their jaws dropped. They were too shocked to react for over ten seconds.

"Zelda, are you serious? The owner of this plaza is your boyfriend?" The woman wearing a pair of tight jeans asked in surprise.

This was unbelievable!

"Yes, it's his," Zelda said seriously.

"Is it even possible? Has he deceived you? Shouldn't this massive plaza cost several hundred million dollars?" The woman with hot pants asked in astonishment.

Although the plaza was a piece of trash, it would still be worth a fortune. How could it belong to Zelda's boyfriend? It was absurd, absolutely over-the-top!

"Right, Zelda, has he fooled you? He doesn't even have a car. How could he be the proud owner of this plaza?" The woman with tight jeans said, continuing her line of thought of him.

No matter how crappy the plaza may be, the legal proprietor of this place must be rolling in money. How could it belong to the man right in front of them, Chuck Cannon?

"No." Zelda shook her head helplessly.

She rolled her eyes and caught sight of Chuck through the crowd. Unconsciously, she recalled what had happened in the car the night before. Zelda had no clue why she did that yesterday evening. Did she come to his aid because she looked up to him as her actual brother?

Zelda heaved a sigh. What else could she do if he would come around again today? Lend him a helping hand once more?

Zelda was at a loss and did not know what to do.

The two women looked at each other, their eyes filled with suspicion.

They were all thinking, This must be all Zelda's nonsense. She knew that they looked down on her, so she deliberately declared that her boyfriend owns the plaza. It could be real, but they refused to believe it.

"Zelda, are you telling us the truth?" Manny's voice sounded serious. If this place was indeed Chuck's, wouldn't he be more affluent than her daughter?

He looked younger, but at least he was more competent than her daughter. Thinking of this, Manny suddenly glanced at Chuck and observed that he was a little more appealing than ever.

"It's true. This plaza is Chuck's, and he owns two cars." Zelda was already feeling defenceless.

Why won't they believe her?

"He has two cars? Then why is he not using them? Why are you always driving him everywhere?" The woman with hot pants probed, shaking her head.

She couldn't understand why a man would let his girlfriend drive him to places when he has a car. He had tricked Zelda, and she was confident that Zelda had said those claims on purpose just now. He couldn't possibly be the boss of that plaza.

Zelda could not answer the question. She moaned deep inside, and her mind was a scrambled mess, thinking about what took place last night inside the car. Feeling annoyed, she rolled her eyes and gawked at her right hand.