CHAPTER - 11

"Ah?" Queenie Carson's face turned red, and she whispered, "My mother said that we can't share a room with boys."

In fact, Chuck Cannon didn't think much about it either and just said so on impulse. But to be frank, Queenie is actually very young and beautiful.

Because she was poor, she usually wore cheap clothes and didn't wear any makeup when she went out. How could she look good? But with a little makeup and some short denim pants that revealed her long, slender legs, she would definitely look prettier than Lara Jean and the other girls.

"Err... But the school's dormitory has been closed. Where are you going to sleep if you don't get a room?" Chuck said helplessly.

"I..." Queenie's heart beat faster.

In fact, she didn't have many feelings for Chuck.

She had good impressions of him and were at the most just good friends. It was true that she was really touched that Chuck accompanied her and waited for the car owner just now. But, even though she was touched, she couldn't share a room with him!

"But if we don't get a room, does it mean that we'll sleep on the street?"

Queenie was in a dilemma. She bit her lip and looked at Chuck. She was worried that he would do something to her if they shared a room.

As soon as she started to speak, Chuck said, "Ok, let's not get a room then. I'll take you to a place and you can have a rest there."

"Really? Where?' Queenie was surprised.

Chuck could only tell her the address of the house he had just bought today. The previous owner had already moved away from all his furniture and items and since it was rather hot, they could just buy a mattress and sleep on the floor. Anyway, it had three bedrooms and two living rooms, so Queenie would feel more at ease.

"Highstreet district? It's a very lively place in the city." Queenie was surprised that Chuck knew such a place. After all, she knew that Chuck was as poor as her.

"Yes, it's there. I'm doing a part-time job as an agent recently. There's a house to sell and the owner is in a hurry, so he gave me the key to make it easier to take a look at the house. We can stay a night there since no one else knows." Chuck said.

Queenie hesitated. "Isn't it inappropriate to do do this?"

"It's up to you. If not, our only option is to get a room. Don't worry, no one else will know, the owner is not in the city anyway." Chuck persuaded.

"Okay." Queenie bit her lip. She had not done such a thing like living in someone else's houses yet, what if the owner came back at night?

But if she didn't do so, she could only get a room with Chuck, and everyone knew the meaning behind getting a room together. She knew that it was better to be friends with Chuck rather than cross the boundary of friendship.

"Well, then wait a minute. I'll..." Chuck almost spilled the beans and said that he was going to drive.

"What are you going to do?" Queenie was confused.

"Nothing. We can go there by taking a taxi," Chuck said.

"Yep."