CHAPTER - 17

Hearing Yvette Jordan's question, Zelda Maine rolled her eyes and looked at Chuck Cannon calmly. She found he was a little nervous and was puzzled.

Why was he nervous? He was driving a car worth more than two million dollars did he still want to keep a low profile?

Despite knowing, she helped him cover-up, "I can't answer that. Anyway, this gentleman is a nice person. definitely, I am his friend."

Chuck heaved a sigh of relief.

"A nice person?" Yvette glanced at Chuck inadvertently. She had known him for so many years, but she had never felt that he was good. However, his calmness today really surprised Yvette. Maybe he was really changing.

"Why didn't you take notice of this gentleman?" Zelda asked curiously.

Yvette shook her head and walked out without saying a word.

Zelda thought of something and immediately called out, "Miss, my staff said that you have been waiting for someone for a long time. You'd better ask him if he will come. It's not a good idea to continue waiting like this."

Yvette stopped and said, '"I'll wait!"

After that, she went out!

Lara Jean and Conrad Lee were confused. Who was their teacher waiting for?

Yvette sat down again and took out her mobile phone. Seeing that the "baller" hadn't returned her message on WeChat, her face darkened. She just wanted to treat him a meal to thank him. Why didn't he show up?

Why weren't you replying to me?

Zelda shook her head slightly. She could tell that Yvette dressed up deliberately. Was it a date? Did the man skip the appointment?

She rolled her eyes and suddenly noticed that Chuck was acting weirdly, his eyes glued to the leading figure of the woman just now. Was the lady just now waiting for him?

Zelda raised an eyebrow at Chuck questioningly.

Chuck coughed and his expression returned to normal. Zelda's lips twitched as she realized the truth. She was really waiting for him, but why didn't he go meet her then?

"Do you have anything else to say?" Zelda asked Lara Jean.

"Is he really your friend?" Lara asked cautiously.

How did Chuck manage to befriend someone so amazing? She was really envious.

"Yes." Zelda was serious.

Chuck felt strange. He was really surprised that Zelda would come in, even going as far as to defend him. After all, the two of them had only met when they parked the car. Their meeting could only be considered a fleeting moment, they couldn't possibly be friends like this.

"Since I'm his friend, can you give me a VIP title?"

Lara said expectantly. If she had a VIP title from Modern Restaurant, it would be so glorious for her at university.

"You are his friend?" Zelda smiled sarcastically.

"You are his friend yet you sneered at him just now?"