CHAPTER - 29

"I'm screwed? Haha, are you going to make me laugh to death?" Manager Yarn burst out laughing as if he had heard a joke.

Yvette shook her head in the face of Manager Yarn's mockery, the feelings of dependency that Chuck had given her just now disappearing without a trace. Chuck couldn't even lift a finger against him!

If he couldn't afford to take him on, Yvette wouldn't blame Chuck if he avoided the confrontation. There was no need for Chuck to put up a front just for her and go against the manager, or else Chuck would definitely get hurt in the end.

Seemed like although Chuck had taken on a new look, deep down he was still the same old Chuck.

Yvette's face was full of disappointment at Chuck.

"Who the hell are you to tell me that I'm finished? Let me tell you, my uncle is the sworn brother of the owner of the square. One word from me and I can make your wife Yvette pack up and get out of here tomorrow. Do you understand me?'

Manager Yarn came over with disdain and continued scolding:

"I really want to see how you want to finish me!" He taunted arrogantly, "Why don't I teach you how to finish me? Call the police, you can call the police!"

Yvette frowned. She had really thought of calling the police!

However, Manager Yarn continued. "Well unfortunately, I don't have a CCTV in my office so it's useless for you to call the police. You can only blame your wife for provoking me. Tell her to stay away from me next time. Otherwise, I'll beat her if I see her again!"

Yvette's face turned red with rage as the insults had gotten too far. Once again, she turned to look at Chuck and confirmed the discontent she had towards him, Did you bring me here just to be insulted again? If so, then you did it.

Her frustration was with reason, as Chuck just silently stared at Manager Yarn, then walked aside and took out his phone.

"Haha, Yvette Jordan, your stupid husband really called the police! This is really hilarious, I knew he was nothing but a useless rag!"

Manager Yarn burst out laughing as he was amused by Chuck's reaction. He thought that Chuck would attempt to pick a fight with him, but he didn't expect him to actually call the police!

He's really useless!

Yvette's patience was thinning fast. She really wanted to leave this place, and she bit down hard on her lip as she saw Chuck who was making a phone call not far away.

Manager Yarn simply waited with a sneer.

You want to play? Well, I'll play with you today! If I don't make you kneel down and beg for mercy, I'll change my last name!

"Mom!"

Chuck walked aside and called his mother. He was suddenly reminded of the fact that his mom was rich, why not ask her to just buy the whole place?

Since Yvette's company was here, Chuck naturally had a good understanding of the flow of people in the square. To be honest, the square wasn't doing well and the flow of consumers wasn't as high as expected. Despite opening shop 5 or 6 years ago, there were still shoplots that were yet to be rented out. Hence, anyone would know that this place wasn't actually the best!