CHAPTER - 21

After class, Yvette Jordan walked out of the classroom with a cold expression on her face.

The whole class breathed a sigh of relief. Yvette was inexplicably unfriendly and stern today during class, so it was really torturing for them. Maybe she was mad at something.

Finally, everybody could relax and their gaze fell unknowingly at Chuck Cannon's brand new look once again. Even if Chuck was wearing imitation attire, that still didn't make sense with the fact that he just stumbled upon two thousand dollars. That meagre amount was not enough for his expensive clothes.

They were confused, but when they saw Chuck becoming the focus of the class, many male students were jealous.

"Wow! Lara, why are you taking such sexy selfies?"

A female classmate was surprised. Lara Jane glared at her. She was preparing to send a photo to the baller, so the photo had to be sexy in order to capture his attention.

But she didn't expect it to be seen by her desk mate.

"What's wrong with sending this to my boyfriend?" Lara was annoyed. She took her bag and walked out of the classroom while sending off the photo.

Her desk mate could only scoff at her.

Meanwhile, Chuck who had already silenced his phone received a photo from someone. He took out his phone and checked: it was indeed a sexy photo of Lara. She even sent a message to him informing him that her class had ended, and she wanted to invite him out for steamboat or something like that.

He shook his head disapprovingly. Is Lara's head just full of thoughts of trying to hook up with rich men and nothing else?

At the same time, he also received a message from Charlotte Yates, informing him that his car has been fixed and he could retrieve it once he was free. Chuck was slightly startled at the efficiency of her service.

He stood up with a smile spreading widely on his face. Since his classes had ended for the day, he could go get his car back now.

"Where are you going, Chuck?" Queenie Carson had a blush on her face for the whole class, For the first time, she found it a bit nerve-wracking when she talked to him.

"I'm going home now." Chuck could not possibly tell her that he was going to get his car back.

"Okay, be careful on the way. I'm going to my part-time job now," Queenie said as she picked up her backpack.

"By the way, where is your part-time job now? I'll go visit you when I'm free." Chuck grinned.

"What? Nor you can't." Queenie shook her head furiously. The restaurant she worked part-time at was a luxurious one. She wouldn't want to see Chuck spending unnecessarily on this besides, and she also wanted to keep her workplace a secret from him.

"I can't talk now, I'll leave first!" She quickly tried to leave. However, a thought formed in her mind and she turned back abruptly, a solemn tone forming in her voice. "Chuck, the owner of the car hasn't called me yet."

Chuck didn't know whether to laugh or cry at her remark; Queenie was just too persistent. He could only say, "The car owner probably just doesn't want to trouble you, so don't worry."