CHAPTER - 96

Chuck Cannon scolded Lara Jean and hung up the phone. Then, he walked towards Yolanda Lane's office.

On the other side, Lara mad. She called again immediately, but Chuck did not pick it up. Lara called several times more but he still did not pick up her calls. She overcomes with rage she almost smashed her mobile phone.

"Bastard, he must be feeling guilty, that's why he didn't answer my call! He must have touched me last night." Lara was furious.

"Lara, forget it. Chuck didn't touch you at all. I was there the whole time. Do you think I'll lie to you?"

Charlotte Yates sighed. She couldn't persuade Lara at all, this gave her a headache.

"Cousin, don't put in good words for him already. Don't tell me you like him? You have only met him a few times right?" Lara was anxious. She really felt that something was wrong with her cousin Charlotte. Why keep defending Chuck? That didn't make sense.

"Don't overthink." Charlotte shook her head feeling a little guilt. She was equally puzzled. Did she really like Chuck? It seemed like she had just a little feeling for him. Just a little. Then it might be because he was rich.

Lara stared at Charlotte and suddenly thought of a serious problem. "Cousin, tell me the truth, Did Chuck do something to you last night? Did he force you to sleep with him?"

If that was not the case, then why would Charlotte help him? Could it be that when she was drunk and unconscious last night, they had sex together?

That would be disgusting!

"Don't talk nonsense, okay?"

Charlotte sighed. It would be nice if she had really slept with him last night. But no, she pleased herself last night!!

"Really?" Lara was suspicious.

"No."

"That's the best. Chuck, that loser really doesn't deserve you. Cousin, don't lower yourself. You cannot let that loser take advantage of you!" Lara warned.

When she thought of the possibility that Chuck might have done something to her cousin last night, she was instantly consumed by anger. Charlotte smiled bitterly. "Don't underestimate Chuck."

"Me, looking down on him? He doesn't need that. He's just a fine-looking man, without any skill, and only knows how to hook up with women," Lara said disdainfully.

If it wasn't because of Zelda Maine yesterday, would she have been beaten up?

"What if he hooks up with you... nor you hook up with him one day?" Charlotte asked.

Lara sneered. "I'll hook up with him? What a joke. For someone like him, even if he were to kneel down and beg me, I wouldn't even look at him! How can I hook up with him?"

"The key is that you are now in..." Charlotte sighed, and the key was that you were trying to hook up with him now!

"What key?" Lara frowned.

"Nothing." Charlotte shook her head.

"Humph, I must find him and ask him!"