Meal at Haymitch's

"Don't you think it's a little weird?" Peeta asks coming into the living room with some tea.

"What? Having dinner with Haymitch?" I ask confused.

Peeta hands me the cup and i thankfully take it off him, careful not to spill it.

"No, not that." Peeta says shaking his head.

"Then what?" I wonder taking a sip of the warm tea.

Immediately warmth rushes through me but I still shiver.

"Haymitch cooking, I always thought he went to the hob or had us make him something." Peeta says tapping my knee.

"Oh, well Haymitch isn't cooking, Effie is." i reply with a smile.

"How you know?" Peeta questions.

"I spoke to her yesterday, she told me how he tried to make them tea the other night but it ended up burned." I laugh honestly.

"Sounds like someone else I know." Peeta smirks giving me a look.

"Hey, i'm getting better." I say defending myself.

"Katniss we all know you are amazing at loads of things but cooking is never something your going to good at." Peeta says making me hit him lightly.

"Okay, I guess your getting better but still, your talent will never be as good as mine." he continues with a laugh.

"Hey I have talent in other things." I say truthfully.

"Yeah I know where." he says wiggling his eyebrows.

I give him a confused look but soon realise what he's talking about when his eyes drift upstairs then back to mine.

I immediately blush before standing up to take my empty cup to the sink.

"Get the kids ready we need to leave." I say trying to change the subject.

"Oooooo is Katniss getting embarrassed?" I hear Peeta ask as he makes his way into the kitchen.

"You honestly can't talk, your so loud." I mumble but he hears me.

"Excuse me? Your so loud that Haymitch hears you." he answers back making my eyes pop out of my head.

"I'm going to get Tyler and Lily up and dressed." I answer making my way upstairs.

I hear him laughing as I reach the top of the stairs.

It's going to be a long day.

-----------------------------

"Hello my darlings, come on in." Effie smiles as we arrive at Haymitch's house.

We gladly walk into the house and make our way into the kitchen where Haymitch is.

"Take a seat, dinners nearly ready." Haymitch smiles.

We all sit down around the table before Peeta speaks.

"Smells lovely Haymitch, you must be one great of a cook." Peeta says and I give him a look.

He's already winding Haymitch up and we only just got here.

"Yes well I do try." he smiles widely.

"Lies." I accidentally say making Effie look at me shocked.

Oops I forgot the part where Effie said I had to pretend Haymitch made it.

"What was that Katniss?" Haymitch asks confused.

"Nothing." I say trying to cover it up with a cough.

Gladly for me, Haymitch leaves it at that and serves out dinner to everyone.

We start a conversation before Haymitch speaks.

"So as you know Effie and I are together." he starts as Peeta cheers making me laugh.

"Well Effie." Haymitch says looking at her.

"Yes well I'm going to be living here with Haymitch. Forever." she continues smiling widely.

"Good for you." I reply happily.

"Yeah, I never thought I would see the say Haymitch and Effie lived together." Peeta says gaining a laugh from everyone.

"Well dears it's happening and we're both so happy." Effie says rubbing her hand on top of Haymitch's.

Before me or Peeta can speak there lips are attached making me and Peeta both groan.

I see a sly smirk on Haymitch's face as I pull away.

"Payback for all the times you too got close in front of us." he laughs making me and Peeta look at each other.

I think this will be the last time we eat dinner with Haymitch and Effie.

For certain.