Meal

"Katniss your mom is here." Peeta shouts from downstairs.

"I'm just going to finish getting ready." I answer back looking through my clothes.

"Take your time baby. The table is booked at 6." he replies.

Peeta has organised to take me out for a meal, just the two of us.

This is only the second time we are getting to spent some proper time to together since the twins were born.

I honestly can't wait but I'm a bit nervous at the same time.

Me katniss Mellark nervous to go out for tea with her husband.

I'm having a hard time deciding on what to wear.

Even though I lost all the extra fat from the pregnancy months ago I still feel like I look horrible in anything I wear.

I finally decide on a black length length dress that I don't ever remember wearing.

I take it took the bathroom and get changed.

I decide to leave my hair naturally curly because Peeta likes it that way.

I put on some light make up but not too much.

Once I feel pretty enough I sigh before leaving the bathroom grabbing some flat shoes.

I quietly walk down the stairs nervous.

The stairs creek making Peeta turn towards me.

He smiles widely before waking towards the bottom of the stairs.

"Wow you look so beautiful." he whispers leaning in to kiss me.

"You have all night to do that, your babies are right here." I hear a voice.

I pull away embarrassed to see my mom smiling with willow and Noah standing next to her.

"What time do they go to sleep?" she asks sensing the awkwardness.

"About half 6, they have already had their tea but they like a bottle of milk before they sleep." I tell her honestly.

"Okay is everything the need set up?" she wonders.

"Yeah milk in the fridge, bottles on the bench and everything else in their bedroom." Peeta answers before I do.

"Guess we're sorted then." she smiles.

"Okay be a good girl and boy for grandma." I say leaning down to kiss my children on the head.

"Can I have a hug?" I ask smiling at them.

I open my arms and they both jump into them nearly making me fall over.

I stand up and wave bye to them as Peeta does the same.

Peeta opens the door as I put on a jacket since its night and chilly.

"Have fun." my mom smiles closing the door.

Peetas hand soon connects with mine still making sparks fly.

I squeeze his hand and he smiles at me making me smile back straight away.

It's only a short walk before we arrive at the restaurant.

Peeta opens the door. "ladies first." he smiles putting his arm in front of him.

I suddenly get a funny remark in my head but decide to not to say it.

I don't want to ruin the mood because Peeta is been so sweet.

Well he is always sweet anyway.

There's only a few people inside but nobody looks up to see who's arrived.

The waiter takes us to our seats and we order our drinks and meals.

Our meals arrive rather quickly and we dig in straight away hungry from not eating since 11ish.

"You didn't have to take me out again you know." I say feeling bad that he's always making an effort and I feel like I'm not.

"You deserve to be took out." Peeta smiles taking a sip of his coke.

I suddenly get a flashback of a conversation me and Peeta had before the quarter quell.

"You could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him"

Even though Peeta has told me many times I still feel like I don't.

"What's bothering you?" Peeta asks concerned.

"Just thinking about what Haymitch once said to me." I say and by the look on his face he knows what I mean.

Well we have had this conversation loads of times.

"Katniss come here." he says patting his lap.

I get up from my side before sitting on Peetas knee.

I look around and see we are in a private area and there's no one here to hear what we're talking about.

"Listen I love you so much and don't ever think you don't deserve me because I love you and I only want you." Peeta says making my heart melt.

"But I'm fat though and I always wake you up on a night." I say getting mad at myself.

Why did I have to have a breakdown now?

"Baby your not fat and even if you were it still wouldn't stop me from loving you and you don't have many nightmares anymore but when you do I'm always there just like you are for me." he says.

Well there he goes again with his amazingly sweet words.

Another thing I love about Peeta and I'm surprised when he doesn't stop there.

"Also your a great wife and wonderful loving mother and i wouldn't want anyone else to spend every minute of the day. We both have our ups and downs but we will always have each other." He says finally finishing.

"I love you so much Peeta and I'm so glad that I have you. your the best dad ever and the kids adore you and you make me the happiest person alive." I tell him hugging him tightly.

"I love you." I say pulling away and looking into his blue eyes.

"I love you always." he replies joining our lips together.