Loving family

"Peeta will you get the door?" I shout from the living room.

"Sure baby." he replies from the kitchen.

I would of done it myself but I'm a bit busy.

I've got willow sleeping peaceful in my arms and Noah awake in the other.

I see Peeta come back into the living room with Haymich following.

"Hi Haymich, how are you?" I wonder.

I haven't seen Haymich for about a month because we have been really busy with the new babies.

"Hi sweetheart I'm doing good, how are you and the babies?" he smiles looking at them.

"I'm fine and they are good just as loud as ever." I say laughing quietly.

"Well I know where they get that from." he mumbles smiling.

"I heard that." I said sticking my tongue out.

"You were meant to." he smirks.

Peeta come over and sits next to me getting Noah out of my arms who is nearly sleeping.

"So listen I have some news for you." Haymich says making my mood change.

"What is it?" Peeta wonders.

"Well gale is back in district 12." Haymich says making me sad.

I thought all that rubbish with gale was over but I guess not.

"How do you know?" I question.

"I seen him and he didn't look so happy." haunch answers.

"Did he speak to you?" I wonder.

"Yeah and he wanted to see you and Peeta and what he called rats." he says looking down at my children.

"But listen." Haymitch says before I get angry.

"The guards took him away and he's not allowed in the victors village." Haymich says making me happy.

"I also asked for extra guards to stand at the gates of the victors village and there is no way for him to get into here." he continues

"Thank you." me and Peeta both say.

"Your welcome love birds, I've got to go now but il see you soon." he smiles.

"See you soon Haymich." I say waving bye.

As Haymich leaves I look at Peeta feeling unsure.

"What if he does get in?" I ask Peeta scared.

"Don't worry, there's no way for him to get in and I wouldn't let him anywhere near you and our babies." Peeta leans in hugging me the best he can.

"Why can't he move on? do you think he wants to harm our kids?" I ask feeling protective of them.

"I don't know what he wants but he's not going to get it. Not when Haymich and I are here." Peeta whispers.

I feel a lot calmer after speaking with Peeta and I'm so glad gale can't get into my house.

"I love you so much Peeta." I tell him honestly.

"I love you to katniss and I promise you nothing will happen to you me or our children." he confirms.

I feel movement on my chest and I look down at willow.

She opens her blue eyes that stare right back at me.

I smile down at my baby girl who doesn't take her eyes off me.

"She loves you so much you know, they both do." Peeta says.

I take my eyes of Willow for a second to look at Peeta to see he's also smiling

"They love you to." I say reassuring him.

"Did you ever think this far in life?" Peeta asks.

I know what he means. Getting married and having children.

"I didn't even want anything like this to happen but it's the best feeling in the world." I say looking into Peetas eyes.

"What about you?" I wonder.

"I always thought about getting married and having kids but I didn't expect it to happen especially with you." Peeta smiles widely.

"Are you glad that it did?" I question.

"I'm more than glad I just wish we could of stated of better." Peeta says meaning the games.

"We have a chance to start over, with our children. We can make sure they have a great life." I say hopefully.

"Of course we can we have been though two games and a war so everything else we will manage easily." Peeta smiles leaning in to kiss me.

Willow starts crying so I know she needs changing since she's not long been fed.

"Do you want me to do it?" Peeta asks.

"We will have to do a swap then." I laugh.

I place willow in Peetas spare arm before taking a still sleeping Noah out of his other.

Peeta kisses my forehead before going upstairs with willow.

I decide to take Noah up to bed since he doesn't look like he's going to wake.

As I get to the doorway I hear Peeta talking to willow.

"Your going to be very beautiful when your older, just like your mommy." I hear him say making my heart melt.

"I'm going to have to make sure that no boys hurt you because if they do I'm sure Noah will sort them out." he says making me smile.

Thinking of Noah and willow protecting each other makes me so happy.

I was always looking after prim so I only hope my babies will be there for each other.

Peeta must hear me standing at the door because he turns around and smiles.

He pats the space next to him and I join him on the rocking chair.

"Did you hear all that?" he wonders.

"Yeah." I smile happily.

"I love you." I continue.

"I love you to katniss." he relies.

I look down at my children and in the arms of my husband.

So grateful for the wonderful family i have and love so much.