Flashback

I start breathing really heavily and peeta seems to notice.

He grabs by hand and pulls me into the corner trying to get away from our audience.

Thankfully the paps don't surround us but I can still see the flash of the camera.

I feel peeta touching my cheek and I can see his lips moving but I don't hear what he says.

I look around quickly and I can feel myself fading away from the loud noises and peetas panicked look that is shown on his face.

"Well look who is it." I hear a mean voice as a man walks into the room.

I realise that I'm tied up and there's no way for me to move. I can hardly breath.

"Katniss everdeen." president snow says coming to my view before hitting me with a whip.

"Where's peeta?" I ask trying to ignore the pain.

"Don't worry, he has already been taken care of." he smirks before placing a video on the screen.

"What did you do to him?" i scream and I can feel the tears ready to fall.

I won't let them though, I won't let him see how weak I am.

Im lost and I'm hurting and I just want my boy with the bread to protect me.

"Miss Everdeen, it is the things we love the most that destroy us." he says before turning on the video.

They i see peeta, my peeta been beaten to death.

I start screaming and shouting but it's no use.

President snow stands with a video camera laughing at my reaction.

He's finally found something that would break me.

I try turning my face away and I finally let the tears fall.

What have they done to him.

President snow grabs my face forcing me to watch.

"Katniss, Katniss" I hear a different voice, one more loving.

Peeta?

No that can't be possible, I've just seen him been beaten to death.

"Katniss, baby please look at me." I hear him again and my eyes snap open.

I look around quickly trying to take in my surroundings.

I look to see the man that looked like president snow is gone.

Did I just have a flashback?

"Katniss, look at me, your okay." peeta says and I finally turn my face to meet his.

What I see breaks me even more.

Peeta has a pained, worried look on his face and I can see tears threatening to spill.

I feel him sigh and he pulls me against him.

"Shh your okay." he whispers rubbing the small of my back.

I wrap my arms tighter around his waist pulling myself as close to him as possible.

I can still hear the cameras flashing and I realise that I've just had a flashback in front of everyone.

Before I can think about it I already know the pictures but be on all the districts by now.

"Will you back off." peeta shouts getting angry.

I couldn't be more thankful that he's trying to get them away from us.

I hear peeta calling someone and it's okay 5 minutes before a car pulls up right in front of us.

"Katniss are you okay?" peeta asks pulling back to look at me better.

I just trust my voice so instead I nod my head.

"Okay I'm going to take you home now okay." peeta says holding me close to him.

We quickly climb into the car and peeta keeps his arms tightly around me the whole way back to the hotel.

I lay my head on peeta trying to forget the thoughts and visions that are still running through my mind.

I find peetas hand and rightly hold it in mine not wanting to let go.

Peetas here and peeta is safe

President snow is dead and he's not coming back.

I love peeta and he's alive.

Hey guys here's another chapter.

I know I made this one quite sad but next chapter is going to be fluffy and romantic!