Protective

I wake up a few hours later happy to not be feeling tired.

I don't feel Peetas arms around me realising he's not sleeping.

I climb out of bed and walk to the babies room.

I open the door to see Peeta with Willow in one arm and Noah in the other.

Gus is happily sitting next to them quietly.

Peeta looks up as soon and he realises I'm there.

I walk over to Peeta smiling and get Noah out of his arms.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" he wonders.

"Better, you should have woken me." I say looking down at my son.

Noah's eyes meet mine making me smile.

"I didn't want to you looked so peaceful and you just give birth two days ago." Peeta smiles.

"Have they been fed?" I question.

"Yeah, I fed them both." Peeta relies.

"How did you manage that?" I ask confused.

It's sometimes hard feeding one baby never mind two.

"Easy Noah woke up before Willow so I fed him first then I fed Willow while he was happily watching." Peeta says proudly.

"I would of helped you know." I tell him honestly.

"I know but I wanted to do it and you have already done so much." Peeta relies.

We hear a knock on the door and confused we walk down the stairs.

Me holding Noah and Peeta holding Willow.

I open the door and hear a gasp.

I then realise my mam is standing right in front of me.

I forgot that she was coming today.

I guess having two babies to look after makes you forget things.

"Wow aren't they beauty's." I hear her say making me snap out of my thought.

I open the door further feeling that it's cold and my two babies are here in just a onesie.

"Come in." I smile as she walks inside.

She gives me a hug the best she can with Noah in the way.

"I missed you." I tell her honestly.

"I missed you to, but I'm here now." she says nearly crying.

"Do you want to hold them?" I wonder.

"If that's okay." she says looking unsure.

"Of course it is, you are their grandmother and I wouldn't of asked." I laugh.

We walk into the living room and Peeta places Willow into her arms.

Once I see she's ready I move Noah into her other free arm.

Peeta and I sit on the sofa next to her watching as she takes a look at her grandchildren for the first time.

"Well done katniss and Peeta, they are beautiful and I'm so happy for you." my mom smiles happily.

"Thank you." me and Peeta both reply.

Willow starts crying so I get up to get her off my mom knowing she needs changing.

"Il be two seconds." I say taking Willow upstairs.

I go to her and Noah's bedroom and grab a nappy from the box before lying her on the changing mat.

I pull off her onesie and her vest before taking off her dirty nappy and placing on a new one.

Once I'm finished I decide to put some cleans clothes on her since her onesie is dirty.

Once I carefully change her I pick her up smiling before making my way down stairs.

I still can't get over the fact that I'm now a mom and Peeta is a dad.

When I'm with her and Noah I just feel so natural and protective over my babies.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I hear Peeta and my mom talking.

"She did so well and I'm so proud of her and I'm so grateful that she chose me to marry and to have kids with because it's more than I ever wanted." I hear Peeta speak making me grin like crazy.

"I always knew she would choose you." My mom relies.

By the way she's speaking I know that she's also smiling.

Smiling became a rear thing once my father died and I was lucky to see her smile after prim.

But she's starting to get much better with dealing with everything.

She has a job and she's finally happy again.

I still don't see her that much because of her job but I'm grateful for the times I do see her.

I was so mad that she hardly cared for me and prim when we were kids but I forgive her.

Because right now I need her more than anything and there's nothing we can do to change what happened.

We can only concentrate on what's going to happen.

"I didn't think she would choose me, I was horrible to her." I hear Peeta say sadly.

"It wasn't your fault, the capitol is responsible for everything." my mom answers.

"I should of done more to protect her." Peeta relies.

"Peeta it wasn't right what we all went trough and for people as young as 12 to start fighting for life isn't right." my mom says honestly.

"She choose you because you came back and she fell in love with you, Gale left to district whatever and even when you were still sick you came to look after her." mom continues.

I decide now to walk into the room since I've been gone for a while.

I walk over to hug Peeta so close to crying.

"Id never choose anyone else and I'm sorry you felt that way." I say feeling a few tears fall.

"Hey listen I shouldn't of said anything and I should just be grateful for everything I have and I am, I love you so much." Peeta says smiling.

He pulls away to wipe my falling tears and smiles again happily.

"I love you to." I answer honestly.

I hear Noah cry making me realise that my mom is still here.

"Sorry." I say seeing that she's has just had to watch all this.

"Don't be sorry, listen katniss I'm happy for you and I'm so glad that you have moved on with your life, prim would of wanted this." she says as Peeta gets Noah.

"I know but I still think about her, she would of been a great auntie." I say honestly.

"She would of but I've got one question." she smiles.

"What's that?" I wonder.

"I've have been in district 12 for nearly a whole day and I haven't even asked what you have called the little ones." she says knowingly.

Me and Peeta look at each other smiling.

"Noah Rye and Willow rose." I say happily.

"They are wonderful, perfect for the babies."