5 weeks

The doctor prints off a picture of my baby and tells me I should come for a check up in 7 weeks.

I thank her and Leave the doctors with a smile on my face.

For the first time I'm actually happy about the thought of me and Peeta having a baby.

Before the war I would never have agreed to having a child because I was so scared.

I wouldn't want to be the mother to send my child of to the reaping in hope that she/he would come back when there's also a chance they wouldn't.

Then after the war me and Peeta got married and I finally decided that maybe to would be okay.

I have Peeta to help me and there's no a chance of our baby starving or fighting till death.

It still feels weird though knowing knowing there's someone inside me I need to protect.

And I will protect it with everything I have.

I keep my hand in my pocket making sure it doesn't fall out.

I start thinking about Peeta and how I'm going to tell him.

Then I get an idea.

It's his birthday next week so maybe I can keep it a secret until then.

I know Peeta will be happy about me been pregnant because I see the way he looks at kids.

I just hope he's not going to over protective but it's nice he's there for me.

I didn't realise I was at the victors village until I hear Annie's voice from across the street.

"Hey katniss, you coming in?" she shouts over.

I then see Finn standing at the door behind her.

I smile and make my way over there knowing they are leaving tomorrow.

"Il have to be quick, if Peeta finds out he will carry me home and put me back to bed." I say going inside.

"Are you sick?" she asks concerned.

"Not sick.." I say trailing off.

"Katniss." she says looking at me.

"Okay, I'm pregnant but Peeta doesn't know." I say smiling.

Suddenly there is squealing in my ear making me jump.

"Ow shhh Annie." I say rubbing my ear.

"When you going to tell Peeta?" she asks.

"I'm thinking next week for his birthday you know." I say as Finn comes in to see me.

"That will be perfect, I'm so happy for you." she says hugging me.

"What's with all the hugging." I hear Johanna say as she comes into the living room.

Annie looks at me telling me to tell her so I do.

"Well I'm pregnant." I say watching her reaction.

"Oh my gosh I knew it would happen soon, does lover boy know?" she asks smirking.

"Not yet, il tell him next week." I say truthfully.

"Why next week?" she asks confused.

"It's his birthday." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Nice." she answers.

"Katniss we are going back home tomorrow." Finn says not listening to out previous conversation.

"I know you are but it's your birthday in 3 weeks, I will come and see you then." I say looking down to him.

"Will you say bye to me tomorrow?" he asks hopefully.

"Of corse I will walk with you to the train station if you want." I tell him.

"Yey." he says hugging my legs.

I bend down to pick him up and he wraps his small arms around my neck.

I look over at the time and see it's nearly 2 so I better get home.

Peeta said he would be home early so he shouldn't be long.

"Okay I better get home before Peeta does." I tell Annie and Johanna.

"Okay we will see you tomorrow morning katniss." Annie says as I place Finn down.

"Take care girl on fire." Johanna says smirking.

"And congratulations." she says rubbing my stomach.

"Thank you." I say thankfully.

We hug once more and I leave their house quickly making the way back to mine.

I get home and take off my shoes and coat and put the picture somewhere I know Peeta won't look.

I quickly change into clean pjs and put the pancakes I left in the bin trying not to be sick by the smell.

I grab a blanket and wrap my self up on the couch turning the tv on.

Just in time for Peeta to arrive back home.