Sunshine and fun

"Willow please don't climb." I say before she jumps on the sofa finally sitting down.

Peeta has gone out to get a 'surprise' but I have no idea what he's planning.

He's been gone a while so I'm not quite sure what's going on in that pretty little head of his.

"How about I get you 4 a cookie?" I ask as they all nod excitedly.

I laugh before making my way into the kitchen.

I stop for a moment when I hear little footsteps close behind me.

I turn to see all four kids and Gus following me.

"I guess you can all come, including you little girl." I smile picking up Gus.

She woofs before licking my cheek making me groan.

But to be honest I think she's missing her little pups.

I enter the kitchen and take out four chocolate cookies and a little snack for Gus.

They all happily munch away just as I hear the door open then close.

"Daddy." Our little ones shout as he enters the kitchen with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey kiddies." he says cheerfully.

I give him a funny look confused to what the surprise is.

"Come with me." he says before taking a hold of my left hand.

I don't object, instead I follow him until we are back outside in our front garden.

I see that Peeta has bought a huge pool for the kids and has managed to fill it up without me noticing.

Before we know it the kids are running outside screaming.

"Not yet, you all need your swim suits on." Peeta laughs.

"Where did you get the water from?" I wonder curiously.

"My house." I hear the voice of Haymitch who has a smug look on his face.

"Oh." I say before I'm been dragged back inside by Peeta and the children.

"Okay il go get your swimming costumes." I say before making my way upstairs.

I grab all 4 swim suits before going back into the living room downstairs.

I get a shock when Gus runs past me before jumping up at Peeta excited.

Looks like he wants to be in that swimming pool as well.

Peeta brings out a box and starts blowing up what I can guess are some floaters to help the kids swim.

I change the children quickly before Peeta takes them outside.

We put them into their floaters and into the water where they start splashing imminently.

I smile at how happy they are when I feel a splash of water hit me.

Looking up I see Peeta with a smirk on his face which tells me straight away he was the one who decided to give me a wash.

"Great now I'm wet." I complain.

"I'm hoping you'll decide to get in." Peeta smiles with hope in his bright blue eyes.

"Well I'm sorry to end your hopes since I'm not getting in." I laugh honestly.

"Aw man! Why not?" He questions with a pout.

"I'm not sure Haymitch would like to see so much skin." I say raising an eyebrow.

"I don't think he'll mind, I know il love it." he says licking his lips.

"Of course you would." I reply before lightly smacking his chest.

"Why don't you get your chest out?" I say turning the conversation to him.

"I would but....." He starts before drifting off.

"But what?" I wonder encouraging him.

"I wouldn't want to show off and embarrass Haymitch." he says making me roll my eyes.

"Why do I keep hearing my name?" Haymitch shouts from across the garden.

"No reason." Peeta answers quickly.

We watch the kids for a while before I feel Peeta snaking his arm around my waist.

"Hey." I smile resting my head on his shoulder.

"Hi." he answers before kissing my cheek.

"So I've got an idea." he says with a smirk.

"And what's that?" I ask him slowly.

"When the kids are sleeping, maybe you can give me a swimming pool show." he says making my eyes pop out my head.

"I don't think the neighbours would appreciate that." I reply honestly.

"Who cares." he whispers before smacking my arse.

Great.

I know there's no way I'm getting out of this one.