Christmas lunch

"Peeta could you get that?" I shout to peeta who is in the kitchen.

Willow and Noah have not long woken up and I can't leave them by themselves.

"Sure thing." he replies before answering the door.

I hear my moms voice showing she's here for lunch.

She appears at the living room door with a smile on her face with peeta right behind.

"Dinner is ready, could you help?" he asks smiling at me.

"You okay watching them?" I ask my mom standing up.

"Of course I can." she relies putting her bag on the sofa before sitting on the floor where I was sat before.

I follow peeta into the kitchen to help him set out the lunch on the table.

I lay out the table cloth before putting down enough plates for everyone when I turn to peeta.

"Is Haymich coming?" I wonder looking out the window.

Before he an answer i see a half decent looking Haymitch walking up the path.

"Here he is." peeta says putting his hand on my hip.

I open the door for Haymich and he thanks me stepping inside.

"You can just go into the living room if you want, me and peeta are setting out lunch now so it shouldn't be long." I say as he smiles at me.

"Okay sweetheart and merry Christmas."he says before going to see willow and Noah.

I go back into the kitchen and see peeta looking ready.

"anything else need doing?" I question just in case.

"Everything is ready." he replies happily.

"Mom, Haymich, lunch is ready." I shout from the kitchen.

I then remember that I need to get willow and Noah but I see my mam holding Noah while Haymich has a hold of willow.

I take willow from Haymitchs thanking him before putting her into the high chair as my mam puts Noah in his.

I sit down next to peeta and Noah as he sits next to willow.

My mom and Haymich sit opposite us as we dig in.

Me and peeta cut up little bits of food for willow and Noah since they can't eat big foods by them selfs.

We talk about our day and I tell Haymich and my mom things I got for the babies.

"Is Annie coming over soon?" my mom wonders talking a drink.

"Two days." i reply honestly.

"You heard anything from gale?" Haymich asks suddenly.

"Nothing." I reply truthfully also not wanting to talk about him right now.

In a way I feel bad because his family will be having Christmas dinner without him.

But in the other way he was the one who got himself in trouble because he wouldn't leave me and my family alone.

Haymitch senses that I don't want to talk about it and thankfully he drops the subject.

We finish Christmas dinner and I help peeta to serve desert.

"Wow this is really good." my mom says licking her lips.

"All down to peeta." I say smiling at him.

There's no way I would of made something so good.

I bet if I had made desert my mom would of spat it out.