Peeta's pov: Babies room

Peetas pov

"But i don't want to go." katniss says pouting.

"I know but this will be a good chance to get more clothes for the babies." I say trying to convince her.

"Why can't I go with you?" she asks sadly.

"Because I have to go to the bakery cause when our babies come I won't be there as often." I say hugging her.

I'm trying to convince katniss to go out with Annie, Johanna and Finn before they leave.

Katniss is 7 and a half mouths pregnant and I need to finished the nursery.

I'm not really going to the bakery, I just used that as an excuse.

An excuse to fished the nursery with Haymitchs help so I can surprise her soon.

"Fine, il go." she says finally.

"You don't have to be gone all day just go spend time with Annie and Johanna before they leave." I say moving a piece of her hair out of her face.

"Besides, I heard Finn wants to see you." I continue making her smile.

We hear a knock on the door and I know it's Annie waiting outside.

Katniss hugs and kisses me once more before saying goodbye.

"Have fun, I love you." I say smiling.

"Love you to." she replies finally showing the smile I love.

Wow I never get tired of her saying 'I love you'.

But I suppose I'm never tired of anything katniss does.

I just love her so much that I can never get annoyed or tired.

Another knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts.

Wow I must of looked like an idiot standing smiling in the hallway.

I open the door and a very happy Haymich wonders inside.

"You ready?" he asks holding the paint.

"Ready." I reply.

Gus follows us up the stairs nearly making me trip over him.

I start painting the walls while Haymich builds up our babies cots.

Haymich then sorts out the clothes while we leave the paint to dry before continuing.

I sort out a bag ready for katniss for when she goes into labour and put it under our bed so I remember where it is.

We build the wardrobe together and once we know it's steady we start to place things inside.

Boy clothes on one side and girls on the other.

I leave some space remembering I just told katniss to buy more stuff.

I wish that I could of gone with her but things need to be prefect for her and our babies.

I set out the changing table and put all the bottles and dummy's on the side nice and neatly.

I feel Haymitch tap me on the shoulder making me turn around.

"There going to love it Peeta, especially katniss." he smiles making me feeling proud.

"You really think so?" I ask worried I've forgetting something.

"We have set everything up right?" I continue asking questions.

"Everything is ready Peeta for katniss and your babies." Haymich replies calming me down.

"I'm just scared something's going to go wrong or I haven't done something right." I say sadly.

"Just be there for katniss over the next month and everything will be fine and il always be here." he says rubbing my shoulder.

"Anyway katniss has the hard work but it will be great in the end." Haymich continues.

"I would do the pregnancy if I could, anything to stop her been in pain." I say honestly.

"She's already half way through and katniss has had worse, besides I think you carrying a baby would be strange." he say scrunching up his face.

I go to check the paint and see it's almost dry and I have one last look around.

The next time I come in here katniss will be with me.

I smile at everything I have done and I can only hope she likes it.

Katniss means the world to me and I never want to disappoint her.

We have had a hard life but we have come out better in the end.

Especially together.

Been with her is all I've ever asked for.

But she's given me more and I can never thank her enough for that.

I think about me and katniss walking through the door holding our beautiful babies.

I snap out my thoughts hearing Haymich walking out and I follow closing the door behind me.

I see Gus rush downstairs and I know why.

I smile seeing my very pregnant but beautiful wife coming through the door.