Festival

"Come on you." i smile picking up Gus and giving him a small cuddle.

I'm not going to be able to carry him soon as he's getting so big.

I take him into the living room and sit down onto the sofa with him on my lap.

"Willow could I have Gus' lead?" I ask her sweetly.

"Yes mommy." she smiles before climbing up onto the sofa, handing me the lead for Gus.

There's some sort of festival going on in town today and Peeta decided it would be good for the kids to have some fun.

Even if they are only young.

I see Peeta's smiley face coming into the living room making me grin.

"Did you get my favourite?" I ask him excited.

"Not just your favourite. Noah's favourite." Peeta smiles holding up the cheese buns.

"Hey! I've been eating them well before he was even born." I reply in defence.

"Well that's true." he answers nodding his head.

"Is everyone ready to go?" He wonders just as there's a knock on the door.

"Yeah let's go kids." I say clapping my hands.

Peeta opens the door to Johanna and Gale as I put Lily and Tyler into their double pushchair.

"Hey guys." I smile as we start making away to town.

"Hey catnip." Gale says as his and Johanna's hands connect together.

They just got back from their honey moon last week.

I have no idea how it went or what happened but I really don't want to be the one to find out.

I don't think I could cope having to listen to Johanna and Gale's sex life.

We soon arrive at town and I'm surprised by how many people are here.

Peeta said that the festival was only in district 12 so I'm guessing that many people will have traveled from other districts.

I hear Gus barking and I look down to see he's barking really loudly at another dog.

"Stop that Gus! Be nice." Peeta says bending down to pat his back.

I'm shocked when I hear a familiar voice but wait it can't be she never said.....

"Annie." I say excitedly.

"Hi katniss, how are you?" She wonders pulling me into a hug.

"I'm great! How are you?" I question as Finn starts chatting away to Noah and Willow.

It's so cute how well they get along.

They are going to all be great friends for life.

"I'm good, you know just checking out this festival." she smiles widely.

"I didn't even know it was happening until yesterday." I answer honestly.

"It was on the news last week, Finn seen it so i decided to bring him." she answers before Johanna decides to give her a hug.

It's not long before the music is going and everyone is having a good time.

It's not long before Finn, Noah and willow spot some sort of ride and we're all been dragged there.

"Katniss your going to have to get on." Gale laughs.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Kids under 4 need an adult." Johanna points out.

"Seriously it couldn't of been under 3 need an adult." I complain making everyone laugh.

"You'd still need to get on, Lily and Tyler are only 1." Peeta smirks.

"Why are you laughing? You should get on." i point out truthfully.

"No no, it's fine." Peeta says stepping back. "i have Gus to look after." he continues.

"I'm sure a dog will be okay with someone else for 5 minutes." I say defending myself.

"Anyway, I think Lily and Tyler have other ideas." I say as everyone looks at the two kids in the pushchair.

"Ice cream." they shout at the same time making everyone laugh.

"Il take these two for ice cream, you take willow and noah on that ride." I smirk before making my way over to the ice cream stand.

"Il get you back for this katniss." Peeta shouts from behind.

I turn just in time to see him give Gus' lead to Johanna.

"Have fun babe." I laugh in return.

Today's going to be a good day.

As long as I don't have to get on any spinning rides.