Puppy

"Hey beautiful, have a good day?" he asks putting his bag away.

"Hey handsome, yeah it's been good." I say smiling.

He comes over and plonks his backside next to me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry I was kinda late." he says even though I knew he would be.

"That's okay." I say honestly.

"It just seemed like every time I went to get away another 30 people came in and Jonny wouldn't let me leave." He says sighing.

"Well you can't leave one man serving 30 people." I say smirking.

"Yeah that wouldn't be fair but at least I'm not in tomorrow." he answers happily.

"Why what's happening tomorrow?" I ask pretending to be confused.

"It's someone's birthday." he answers.

"Haymitchs? sugar I forgot to get him a card." I play along.

"Only joking. I know it's your birthday." I say kissing him.

"do you want some tea?" Peeta asks as we pull away.

I guess it's Bathtime now cause Peeta can't go in the fridge.

"Nope I've fed myself, your going to relax in the bathroom." I say pulling him up.

I drag him up the stairs with Peeta complaining about how he can just take a shower tomorrow.

I pull him into the bathroom grabbing him a big towel on the way in.

"Nope no excuses, you are relaxing here because I got some new shampoo today." I reply.

"Okay, il be quick." he says meaning I won't have enough time to get the cake and puppy.

"No I don't wanna see you for at least half an hour." I say smiling.

"Your not gonna give up are you?" he questions pulling off his shirt.

"Nope." I answer.

"Fine il take a bath, that normally takes longer." he answers making me satisfied.

"Good boy." I answer kissing him once before pushing him into the bathroom.

As soon as I hear the water going I hurry downstairs grabbing my shoes and pulling them on quickly.

I walk fast to the bakery and I'm met by Jonny at the doorway.

"Cakes ready, just come this way." Jonny smiles once he sees me.

"Thank you." I amass following him to the back.

Wow it's actually amazing and so so beautiful.

"Oh gosh thank you so much, this is the best I've ever seen." I say speechless.

"Well I have been making cakes since I was 5." he says proudly.

He puts the cake into a carrier so I can told it with one hand leaving the other spare.

"Good luck katniss and enjoy the cake." he answers.

"Thank you and thank you so much again." I answer smiling.

"How much is it?" I question.

"It's fine, I made it in my own time. You don't need to pay." he says making me surprised.

"Really? you can have some money if you want." I say truthfully.

"I'm sure, it's on the house katniss." he says handing me the carrier containing the cake.

"Thanks again." I answer turning to leave.

"Have fun." he replies just before I close the door.

I make my way to the pet store to see the woman has the exact same puppy I bought yesterday.

He has beautiful blue eyes just like Peeta witch I adore.

He is actually the cutest puppy I've ever seen and I can't wait for Peeta to meet him.

"Hi katniss, here's your puppy." the store owner says putting the blue eyed dog into the dog carrier.

"Thank you, he Gorgeous." I say honestly.

"He can't go outside for walks for another 2 weeks since he's newborn but after that he will be fine." She tells me

"Okay thank you, il take good care of him." I say as she hands me the carrier containing the puppy.

Wow he's not actually that heavy bless him.

"Il see you soon." she answers as I get ready to leave.

"Bye see you soon." I answer leaving the store.

I quickly hurry home with the puppy and cake carefully not to drop any of them.

They are both important especially the dog.

I already love him so much and we only met two days ago.

I get into the house and see that Peetas still upstairs, good.

I leave the cake on the table and hurry to take the puppy upstairs in his new room.

I let him out and give him a quick stoke before letting him settle down in his new home.

I remind myself to come back and check on him later while Peetas watching tv in the bedroom or something.

As I walk past our bed room I can hear Peeta singing in the shower making me smile.

I grab the picture out of the secret place I hid it away from Peeta and take it downstairs.

I open the cake box and read 'happy birthday daddy' just as I asked.

At the bottom of the cake there's enough room for the picture so I carefully place it underneath then out it in the fridge to keep it cool.

I throw the cake carrier away before going back upstairs to meet Peeta.

Peeta comes out dressed in just shorts and still wet hair.

I manage to get him into bed with the tv on so he doesn't go down stairs.

We talk about our day and I think about tomorrow's plans.

Give Peeta puppy.

Take Peeta to meadow for picnic.

Take Peeta home to have cake where he will find out he's a father.

Peeta wraps his arms around me but I try not to get to comfortable knowing I need to get up to check on the puppy.

After his long day at work he's soon enough fast asleep.

So it's nearly time.

Sorry if this isn't a good chapter.

I kind of blabbed on a little and it's nearly one in the morning.