Pain and mess

The next day arrives rather quickly and surprisingly none of us woke from a nightmare.

I wake up in the morning with the similar 'good morning beautiful' from Peeta which always makes me smile.

This morning instead of cheese buns, Peeta makes blueberry pancakes witch are super yummy.

Peeta decides to bake at home for a while and he asked me to help him.

I don't know why he asked though because I'm a terrible cook but I suppose it's fun.

I sit on a stool at the kitchen table while he gets out the ingredients.

I watch him fill a bowl with water from the tap, after he adjusted the temperature a few times.

"Does it matter what temperature the water is?" I ask, when he sets the bowl in front of me.

He nods, pushing the bowl in front of me "feel."

I put my fingers into the water and feel that it's warm then push the bowl back to Peeta.

He quickly starts throwing things into it like flour and yeast without measuring anything.

He gives me the salt and tells me to put it into the bowl.

After that he lets it sit for a while before taking the dough from the bowl and setting it on the floured covered table.

He makes it look so easy and he could probably do it with his eyes closed.

"Have you done this much before? your great." I ask

Peeta smiles at me before replying "Yeah I do it most days at work and I've known how to do it since i was like 3." he says making my mouth drop.

"3?" I question "That's really young since I can't even do it now." I say laughing.

"I bet you could! come here" Peeta says monitoring for me to walk over to him.

"I don't want to ruin it." I say honestly.

"You won't, not when you have me helping you." he whispers the last bit in my ear making me shiver.

He takes his hands off of the dough ball and puts my hands onto it.

He tells me to squeeze it softly but I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

I feel Peetas hands on the back of mine, guiding my squeezing motions and making them more firm.

My confidence grows and he removes his hands and after about 5 more minutes it's ready to bake.

Peeta kissed my forehead as he sorts to dough to make it look more like bread and puts it into the oven.

"Do you want me to help you clean up?" I ask him trying to be helpful since I made half the mess anyway.

"Yeah if you want to." Peeta replies.

I start washing down the table when I see the bag of flour sitting on the table and I decide to have some fun.

When Peeta's putting the rappers that we don't need into the bin, I grab the bag of flour.

Ready for Peeta turning around and when he does he gets a face full of flour.

At first Peeta is standing there speechless but then a sly smirk spreads across his pretty little face.

Knowing that he's going to get me back. I dart out of the kitchen and start running around the house trying to find somewhere to hide.

I'm the fast one in our relationship and Peeta is the strong one so I get get away to hide easily.

I hop into our cupboard but then I here a sound like Peeta is moaning cause he's been hurt.

At first I'm scared that he's having a flashback but I remember the chair that I knocked on the way past.

He must of bumped into that trying to get me.

Suddenly I feel bad for him so I come out but only to get a face and hair full of the flour that is left on the counter.

Now it's Peetas turn to laugh and he's laughing so hard that I think he might wet himself.

Since Peeta becomes really weak when he's laughing I take this chance to push him onto the floor and I lie on top of him.

Grabbing the flour out of his hand I throw it all over his body covering as much as possible.

"Your quite sneaky you Peeta. Pretending to be hurt just to get back at me." I say smirking at his face so full of flour that you can hardly see his eyes.

"I am aren't I, but I actually did get hurt." he says

"Oh right where did you hurt?" I question feeling bad.

"I hurt my knee." Peeta says scrunching his face.

"Do you want me to make it feel better?" I ask him using a child voice.

"Okay." he answers now smiling at my voice.

I lean down and join my lips with his and only seconds later he responds with loads of passion.

When we pull away Peeta has a smug look on his face.

"What's wrong." I asks him.

"It was my knee that was hurting not my lips." he replies.

"Arrrr well I through that was much better." I say leaning forward again.

"It certainly was." he says rejoining our lips.

But we are soon cut off by the ding showing the bread was ready.

I helped Peeta up and as soon as we seen the state we were in we both laughed really hard.

"Look at the mess we have made." Peeta says still laughing so hard that I can't really understand him.

"I guess we have some cleaning up to do." I say trying to control my laughter.

It took some doing cleaning the mess but at least after what happened with Gale me and Peeta could still have some fun

But it's always fun being with my boy with the bread.