The wedding

We arrive at the altar and Haymitch whispers something in Peetas ear which I don't quite catch.

But then he kisses me on the forehead and places my hand in to Peetas.

"You look stunning and beautiful and amazing and I just can't believe you gonna be mine forever." he blabs on but makes me blush.

"You look very handsome Peeta and I'm already yours and I'm always going to be." I reply smiling as Peeta smiles back.

The priest then greets everyone and the wedding starts.

We say everything we are suppose to and answer "I do" to everything we have to.

Everything is quite apart from the priest talking and me and Peeta answering.

Before I know it we are exchanging rings.

The ring I got for Peeta is a simple silver band but it has 'hope' engraved on it and I think it's beautiful.

I take a moment to look at mine and see it's my perl from the beach and it has forever and always engraved on it.

"You may now kiss the bride" I suddenly hear the priest say snapping me out of my thoughts.

Me and Peeta look in each other eyes for a moment before leaning in connecting our lips together.

It feels like there's just us in the meadow and nobody else until I hear a sound from Finn.

"Yeyyyyyyyy." he shouts really loud making us all laugh and me and Peeta break apart.

"Did this really just happen? I'm not dreaming am I?" he questions.

"This is real Peeta, very real." I say bringing our lips back together as Peeta smiles through the kiss.

"Right right that's enough, you have forever to do that." I hear Johanna say interrupting us.

Peeta and me pull apart and we go to greet everyone as they all congratulate us.

Finn asks me to lift him up and I do while Annie gives us a gift even though we told people they didn't have to.

"This is for you and Peeta." she says handing over a card.

Peeta opens it and inside is train tickets to district 4 which is one of our favourite places because of the beach.

"Thank you Annie you really didn't have to." we both say thanking her.

"I know, i know. Its just something from me and Johanna and to thank you for everything you have done." Annie says as Johanna walks over smirking.

"What could we have possibly done?" I ask her confused.

"Well for starters Finn will never be in the hunger games." she says but trails off.

I can tell that she is thinking about Finnick but she doesn't let that show.

Instead she hugs us and congratulates us then let's other people talk to us.

My mom comes over with Haymitch and hugs us both while Finn stays by my side holding my hand.

"You did great darling." she says still hugging me.

"Thank you and thank you for coming." I say thankfully.

"Of course, I couldn't miss your wedding for the world." she says pulling back smiling at me.

Haymitch pats Peeta on the shoulder and then hugs me while my mom hugs Peeta.

"Look after my baby please." I hear her say to Peeta.

"Of course I will, she means the whole world to me and I will protect her forever." he says making my heart melt.

Peeta moves over to me and hugs me close to his side while kissing me on the cheek.

"Awwww your just so damn cute." my mom says making us both blush.

After we have spoke to everybody else people start to leave for a late lunch since it's half 2.

Annie comes over to collect Finn but he won't let go of my hand.

"Come on Finn we need to go home now." she says trying to get him to leave.

"I want to stay with katniss mommy." he says holding onto my leg.

"Come on, katniss and Peeta need to go back home aswell." she says trying to bribe him.

"But I will miss katniss when they leave." he says looking up to me.

I duck down to Finns hight as he turns to face me.

"When me and Peeta get back we will take you out to the park for a day." I tell him.

"Really?" he asks surprised look on his face.

"Yes really. Does that sound like a deal?" I ask him hoping he agrees.

"Yeah please." he shouts making me giggle.

He puts his small hands around my neck to hug me and I hug him back.

"See you later Finn." I say pulling away and standing up.

"Bye katniss and have a nice time." he says making me smile.

They then leave hand in hand with a Johanna waking next to them.

Every couple of seconds she turns around pulling faces and smirking at us and I have an idea why.

Since everyone else has left me and Peeta decide to go back home since we need to pack because we are leaving tomorrow night.

"I can officially say that today is the best day of my life apart from the day you said 'I love you' for the first time." he says as we walk home to the victors village.

"Me too Peeta and I'm so happy that I'm with you." I tell him honestly.

We walk into the house after Peeta opened the door and before we do anything else Peeta speaks.

"There's one my thing we have to do to make this official Mrs Mellark." he says making me smile.

Mrs Mellark, Katniss Mellark, I love it.

"And what's that Mr Mellark?" I question.

"We need to have an district 12 toasting, just you and me." he says.

"Well we do have to keep the tradition." I answer and we gather the bread and take a seat right next to the fire.