Tradition

Once the fire is warmed up and we are sitting nice and cosy opposite each other by the fire we get ready to start.

We have the warm bread ready in half on a plate beside us ready to feed each other a part each which is what we do for our district 12 tradition.

We decided for Peeta to go first then me.

"Today, was officially the second best day of my life. I have loved you ever since I was just a 5 year old and I knew that you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with." he pauses and it's then I realise that he's crying.

"And I never thought in a million years that I would ever get you. The hunger games was actually in a way something good for me because it give me the chance to talk to you. I know that you didn't feel the same way but when you told me you loved me that was the first amazing thing that ever happened to me."

Peeta pauses again and now we're both in tears. Peeta leans over to me and wipes my eyes and kisses me on the forehead.

"I'm so glad that you agreed to marry me because you are the most beautiful, strong, amazing, loving, caring and I could go on and on and I'm so glad you agreed to be mine mrs Mellark." he finishes.

He leans over to the plate and brings one half of the cheese bun to my mouth and places it in.

I feel the warmth rush through me and I close my eyes as I enjoy it.

"We have been through a heck of a journey together and it started at the first games. I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to pay you back for the bread and I'm also sorry for not thanking you and rushing off." I pause to look at him.

"When I heard your name been called in the games all I thought was 'not him' because I knew I had to repay you so by doing that I knew I had to somehow save you. when I seen you with the careers I thought you were going to hurt me so I panicked and let the wasps fall on you. When you got taken away from me the first time when you hit the force field that was the first time I knew I loved you." I pause again to catch my breath.

"Then on the beach when you tried to convince me to live and let you die was the next time that I knew for certain that I couldn't live without you."

"Then you got taken away from me and when we found you I was so relieved, but then you thought I was a mutt and that was the next time I felt alone and I missed you so much." I say between sobs.

"I love you and I'm so glad that I got you back and agreed to marry you. I love you Peeta Mellark." I finish.

I lean over and pick up the other half of the bread and place it in his mouth.

I watch him as he swallows it and as his eyes close then reopens then when he's finished.

"I love you too mrs Mellark." he says as he leans in to kiss me.

I join him in the middle and the kiss starts to get intense. My heart is pounding in my chest so hard that i think he can probably hear it.

Memories come back from our first kiss and second and third all the way up to that night on the beach.

When he kisses me it feels so good and walm and shivers rush through my whole body from my head to my tingling toes.

I think about how in the first games i didnt hardly know anything about him apart from he was a baker. Strong and he loved me.

I remeber how he was putting his life on the line by joining Cato and his gang just to keep me safe and i was so stupid not to see that.

I think about how he might not of being here or me right now and we wouldnt of ever got married and to think that now is really upsetting for me.

i never thought that id get married but here i am, kissing my new husband and i wouldnt change him for the world because he is mainly the only family that i have left.

We stand up and peeta picks me up bridal style and after nearly falling on the stairs since hes in a hurry we finallly make it to the bedroom.

We return to kissing and parts of different clothes are being throwing everywhere possible in the room.

He gently lays me down on the bed, scared that if he touched me hard enough i would snap in half and after everything we have been though im suprized we are both still in one peice.

He kisses me with passion and makes me feel special in every way.

Once we feel ready he positions himself ready against me.

Before he can ask me if I'm unsure about anything I beat him to it and reasure him that im okay and im ready to do this.

"Now let's make a baby Mellark to help start our family."