2. The Color Red

It was at a collage party the night my world came crumbling down. I should have sensed things were a miss but my sister, as usual insisted I tag along and like a fool, I followed suit.

Thank goodness Niel, her boyfriend, wasn't around.

"Don't you think people will notice you graduated from college long ago the more you keep blurting about life after graduating? What if they start asking me who you are?"

"You worry too much Yeon. I obviously look much younger than you so take care of me." Mijin said smiling while holding onto her chubby cheeks. She was clearly trying to act all cute just so she would tag along because she was bored.

"You better not play matchmaker with me this time. I've already had enough heartbreaks as it is and clearly, we do not share the same taste."

"Will you stop complaining Yeon! Niel also thinks the girl is cute too.."

"You told him? Mijin, I already told you I have someone I like already...besides, I'll be meeting them after the party that's why I told you not to mix my cocktails with a lot of vodka!" I lied.

"Oh who cares! You're in your final year and your eyes are still as dark as night. Aren't you worried they'll keep remaining like that?"

Mijin had been right. I was worried about the lack of change in my eye color. Most of the time, it would have already turned grey or a lighter shade if I'd been closer to meeting my fated mate but nothing changed despite me dating a couple of times. Maybe my fated mate wasn't born yet, neither were they alive... Who knows?

As I glanced back to my sister, I was confronted by an empty chair next to me. She'd abandoned me and was off to fool around again with someone else. How is it that she had everything I wanted and took it for granted? Why is Mijin always flirting around with other guys when Niel loved her? If she was going to treat him like this whenever he was away, then she should have just given him to me completely.

I'm lonely...and disgusted by my jealousy.

"Damn it, I drank too much..."

"I'll get you some water." A voice said behind me and as I turned to look back, I was met with one of the most famous basketball players in school. Why was he talking to me? All I could pay attention to was how strikingly handsome he was. 

"You're not a girl sent by Mijin are you?

"Who?" The guy seemed confused obviously. Why would I ask him if he was a girl...I'd better leave and go find Mijin. Sitting by the bar alone just attracted unwanted crowds...especially hot sexy guys like the famous and most awarded player in college. 

I almost stumbled down before he grabbed onto me, pulling me back to my chair and insisted I don't move away. What had Mijin put in my drink that made me more than tipsy? And why was this guy starting to look like Niel? There was no way it was Niel... I needed to stop drinking... I should drink some water before I end up doing something stupid.

"Here...I believe someone may have spiked your drink." The guy said as he handed me a plastic cup with a clear liquid inside and as I gulped it down, I was glad it tasted like water.

The last thing I remembered of that night is being dragged on the floor. I kept on asking the figures around me where they were taking me but they didn't respond. There had been a lot of noise that gave me a migraine and I wished everyone would just shut up. However, when I opened my eyes, I was back home, in my bed as Mijin and Niel looked down at me.

First, there had been a look of shock on both their faces before Niel asked what had happened to me.

Sitting up, I felt a terrible hangover then remembered the last memory I had had of being dragged o the floor. "The party... Mijin, you disappeared..."

"I had gone to the bathroom but when I came back you were gone. You were found lying on the street unconscious...but before anything else, you should look at yourself in the mirror little brother."

The shocked looked on both their faces worried me enough to make me jump out of bed to the bathroom.

"Oh my word! My eyes!"