151. How Does It Feel

"Do you have anyone you'd like to contact?"

"My mother."

"We've tried her multiple times already so has your father with not success."

"Grandmama?"

"They are both either offline or not picking up. We've also received a report concerning a change of their residence. As per the findings, they probably moved the moment you were placed on remand."

"Seems I've been abandoned. They are the only people I can contact at the moment. Father was right about mother leaving someday."

"I'm sorry madam."

"What of the hotel? I haven't gotten word of it since our cases were taken over by someone else."

"The penthouse is considered a crime scene. Almost every item in there has been tagged and marked for evidence for later use in both your case and that of your father. They've also resumed collecting fingerprints, hairs and fibers the moment it was discovered your friend had gotten in there. Presently, even your brother can't access the penthouse however, the hotel is still open for operation among other businesses of your mother's side of the family."

"Their whereabouts are not a priority for now. Where does my brother live then? He can't go to the main house which I'm assuming is in a far much worse state after father opened his loud mouth to that traitor of a lawyer."

"He has also managed to hide himself well. Perhaps your former lawyer is helping him stay out of the public eye with reporters constantly on the lookout for any member of your family."

"I hadn't realized my case had been aired already."

"For now, no. It's you father's that attracting a lot of negative attention but seeming that he has worked with many charities, I'd say his public image is viewed half and half.

Subject to the case being taken over by another team, reinvestigations have completely began anew. Your father is upset of course however, he has chosen to cooperate with the team of prosecutors assigned to his case, yours being angled differently though I wouldn't advice that you keep your hopes up. You still face drug possession charges under section 42 of drug trafficking, illegal possession and association without proper license.

Additionally, you also face charges of attempted aggravated kidnapping. Before your previous lawyer turned on you, your charges were forced detainment against the victims will, use of fear through potential physical harm and forceful drugging without victims consent. Luckily, there is no proof that you sought to detain the victim forcefully or had nefarious intention such as obtaining ransom. The latter may be ruled out since the victim did loose the first case hence you are more likely to only face drug trafficking and drug possession charges.

As for your father's cases which keep pilling up, the prosecutors and other lawyers including myself are handling well his post conviction writs. The much evidence procured so far are from your former lawyer, most of which you had earlier given to her however, police have been involved too and that is why previous reports of abuse filed against him keep coming up. Nonetheless, since most were settled outside court through compensation, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. Regardless of how positive things may seem, we are exercising caution since prosecutors have exclusive power over both cases and are working hand in had with the police, advising them the way forward. Keep in mind their work can not be obstructed by any other authority which might serve as an advantage to both of your cases separately."

Mora smirked. "Just like father wanted."

"It won't be that easy."

"Preventing father from fleeing the country doesn't serve any purpose. This is his base for a hunt. He knows every rule of law like the back of his hand. I'd say he predicted this turn of events. I'm not sure if he is planning to abandon me or I had been used as a pawn all along."