63. It's All Your Fault

It had been a challenge getting rid of Elric for Yeon. He didn't want there to be any confrontations between him and Mijin since she was actually the one who'd requested to meet him at his parents house. Additionally, she seemed to have been off the radar lately especially after they parted ways at the airport before Stan's accident.

Everyone had been quiet during dinner, obviously his parents pitied him over Stan's condition and he repeatedly assured them he was okay but they would have none of it. Suzzie had moved out too. It gladdened his parents for she had taken a liking working at the gym and had been considered a permanent staff by Yeon's parents.

Now it was just the four of them.

"Mijin, you should create time and visit Stan too. You're making Yeon feel bad..."

"No dad, it's fine." Yeon jumped while glancing briefly at his sister. "She doesn't have to. Plus, Stan will recover soon."

"How sure are you son? It has been three weeks without change and it's making me anxious. How is it that he shows no sign of coming back when you are constantly scenting him? What is a fated mate anyway if they can't respond to you...?"

"Sweetheart, Yeon is already stressed as it is." Looking back at Yeon, his mother added. "Don't mind your father son. This situation has stressed him day and night. He still blames himself for not inviting you and Stan to sleep over that day since it was quite late after we'd landed."

"I'm glad it happened though." Mijin jumped in. "Those criminals are all now behind bars."

Her statement sent everyone into their thoughts as each of them interpreted it differently. Their parents looked at each other and nodded in agreement but Yeon on the other hand just stared as his sister, a nonverbal communication happening between them.

"Mom and dad, Mijin and I need to catch up. It's been a while since we spent time together..."

"Of course. You two proceed. Your father and I will clean up."

Yeon stood up and as he walked towards his room, he could almost feel his sister's stare.

Opening the door to his room, he turned around and was disappointed when Mijin went to her room instead, closing the door behind her. Sighing, he closed his door too and decided he had been too tired anyway to talk to her. Tomorrow maybe. After speaking to Mora and being bombarded with a lot of information, he felt mentally exhausted. Besides, he had been sleeping late for the past three weeks watching over Stan overnight.

A knock on the door startled him. He wanted to ignore it since he assumed it was Mijin but decided against it when his dad called out for him.

Opening the door, Yeon asked his dad after seeing the worried look on his face. "I will go back with you to Stan's parents house. Since he was discharged from the hospital, your mother and haven't checked on him and it reflects bad on us."

"Dad, I keep telling you to stop pondering over that..."

"I've decided to ignore you this time Yeon. I wish to see the source of your confidence concerning your fated's health. I know you. You don't like others worring about you and prefer to handle things on your own. Stop making us useless. I want to be part of the solution too and I can't help if I'm all the way here."

Unable to fight his father's stubbornness, Yeon said in surrender. "Fine then. I need to pass by the lab at Stan's uncle's hospital to pick something then we will proceed. It will be brief."

His father's face lit up a bit but he didn't say a word. He nodded and left, leaving Yeon watching him walk away.

It was then that Mijin's door opened. The doors to their rooms were facing each other and it felt uncomfortable for Yeon not being able to avoid his sister.