144. Nowhere To Escape

"This is the longest I have been detained and I can't say I am happy, but seeing that I am cooperating, I'd expect you to keep to our agreement and not further process anymore cases fledged against me and my family."

"My team has updated me your lawyers are doing a great job to fight back. Were you behind the attack on one of my informants?"

"You betrayed me." Looking at the man sitted beside Elric's mother, Mora's father formed a murderous look. "You were never to bring him here."

"You'd be surprised how much passion your devoted husband has put into lessening your sentence. He is willing to testify on your behalf no matter what." 

Mora's father squeezed onto his cuffed wrist until he was able to calm down and a curve of a smile formed on Elric's mother's lips having realized her nemesis showed a slight weakness. She had been waiting for this opportunity for the longest time, having seen it only once when she'd surprised him with his husband's first appearance.

"It feels shitty to be dominated doesn't it?"

"Stop provoking him." Mora's father's husband cautioned. 

"How you still choose him over the lives of many people still baffles me." The man fidgeted at the statement, his gaze still on his partner which Elric's mother followed. They seem to have communicated silently however, she didn't have proof but the way Mora's father's face suddenly relaxed made her feel uneasy. 

She tapped the table twice with her fingernails to break their eye contact. "Stop twisting your brain thinking of ways to get out of this. This may be the last time you see me. Your lawyers have assured my team you're willing to cooperate to the very end. Still, there is matters concerning your daughter. Her fourteen days of detention are up and a promise is a promise."

"I have nothing else to speak of about her. She is on her own."

"You've attested to have trained her too to cope and have normal human interaction..."

"Enough." Mora's father said. "I will not speak of my daughter from here henceforth without my lawyers present . I only agreed to meet you privately regarding my case alone. Additionally, your team as you claim are the ones fighting your battles as puppets therefore, I refuse to cooperate unless it concerns me and no one else."

Elric's mother ignored and pressed on. "A life sentence fits her well however, seeing that the influence you hold extends to the courtroom, a lot of people seem afraid of you but I will not flinch an inch. At this juncture, you should be begging me to stop listening to the numerous number of people rising against you including your dear parents and siblings who want nothing to do with you."

"What do you want? I already promised I wouldn't lay a hand on any member of your family, including your pregnant son and his newly wed."

'I see what you are doing, covering a direct threat with simple words.'  "You said you knew her moral compass?"

"..."

"In a few minutes, she will be sitting beside you." 

"What?" Mora's father exclaimed. "This was not part of our agreement! Mora is very volatile now!"

Elric's mother nodded, pleased to see the look of fear in the eyes of the man sitting in front of her. "That is indeed true. Are you two afraid of her by any chance?" 

"Are you recording this conversation?" Mora's father asked to which Elric's mother chuckled in response.

"I promised your lover here to only do anything but record you unless it benefits the case against your dear daughter. He seems to dislike her quite a lot. Our discussion at the moment doesn't fit the bill but, the moment Mora  walks in with the escorts, everything will be documented so as your last chance, or a word of advice, you know how to tip off Mora like an on and off switch, do it. We need as much evidence against her as possible. What I have now is not enough."