152. Expecting The Unexpected

"Dad. I think I've waited long enough don't you think? It's time for Yeon and I to move to our own place."

"Okay." Dad Joss seemed aloof in his response. Sipping his cup of coffee, he went on about savoring the aroma and taste of it.

"You're okay with it?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I've been supporting you two getting your own place for the longest time and now that things are going well with the case, I don't see why not. You two deserve to understand how it feels to pay rent, and don't move into my other apartment. You're no longer in college and making a lot of money on your own. It's time I put that place in the market for sale."

"I wasn't thinking of moving there. That apartment is way too small for Yeon and I and quite far. Moreover, I've actually been pondering over throwing in the question to Yeon."

"Really?" Dad Joss pretended to be taken by surprise. "I'm at a loss for words."

"That habit of yours, always mocking me..."

"You are lucky Yeon is not the snooping type. He'd have already become aware of your plans."

"You saw it?"

"You mean your proposal plan? Of course not!"

"I changed the locks after Niel left! How'd you find the spare keys?"

Placing his cup on top of a coaster, dad Joss said, "Stannie, we know every corner of this house... More-so, you should know you can't hide anything from Robin including a mare spare set of keys. He is the one who found your other box stacked with fairy tale ideas. I particularly have profited most from your date recommendations for they have spiked up the charm in my relationship with your dad. We've become teenage-like lately, dancing our gruesome work schedules off and singing away to your hearts content. It's been ages since we've done a mud bath let alone visited an amusement park together!"

"You two will pay for my extravagant dates with Yeon for the rest of your lives, and yet you claim to not have money? If you don't want to loose more of your finances then I suggest that you stop being busy bodies."

"I'm very much innocent. Your dad doesn't even care about how much I'm I stand to loose whenever he snoops around and oftentimes, I'm not even with him so blame him not me."

"Like I've never heard that excuse before." Sitting beside his father in the living room, Stan added. "Anyway, I found a place to move into. It's close to home and about ten minutes walk from uncle's place."

"I thought you'd wanted to move far away from us."

"I did but Yeon doesn't so I have to compromise. He seems to like working with you both and his project with uncle was doing so well. I wouldn't want him to let his dream go just like that. I've also looked into it and saw the potentially of finances coming in."

"Tell me more."

"I can't disclose much as of the moment majorly since I don't understand the science part of it however, capital wise, in about two to three years, it will lift off in a very profiting way by a great margin."

"I should probably meet up with your uncle, though he doesn't know Yeon is assisting me in my lab. He may become exceedingly jealous believing I snatched his apprentice from him."

"But Yeon enjoys working on fated mates."

"He enjoys anything to do with science and whatever suggestions he's made so far, whenever we put our heads together, our findings have longevity. My workload is at the pharmacy is also reduced by far. I can help your dad with a thing or two whenever he is overwhelmed and I get to come home early like today..."