121. Are You Insane

"I heard you want to drop the charges against my brother. Is that correct?"

"There is no reason why I should explain my decisions to you. I've heard enough scolding from my parents today over that."

"If you are doing it because you think my brother is insane, then I'd rather you didn't."

"Mora, why did you ask to see me?"

"I was feeling lonely. No one informed me it was your birthday today hence it's good I decided to pass by despite Mijin and I not being in good terms." 

"She told me she doesn't want to see you."

"Of course she wouldn't. She probably sees my brother when she looks at me."

Yeon's eyes were focused on their path. They had been walking for almost ten minutes. Upon his birthday festivities concluding, Mora had requested Yeon's parents if he could escort her back to where she stayed and despite not wanting to do so, Yeon obliged. He didn't understand why Mora was insistent on visiting his parents every now and then when Mijin didn't want anything to do with her and was very verbal about it. "You two like playing victim against each other. None of you wants to take responsibility for anything."

Mora smiled. Her eyes were on Yeon the entire time. "I've apologized to you hundreds of times over the phone but you never reply. I was surprised you picked today when I called you..."

"My mom picked my phone up."

"Oh- I should thank her then. If it were your dad, he wouldn't have..."

"Mora." Yeon suddenly came to a halt. He looked at the tall building infront of them and frowned. He hadn't planned to take Mora this far especially this time of the night. "I've practically escorted you up to where you stay. I need to go home now."

"Can't you come inside? You're already here anyway or are you afraid of me?"

"Why would I be? I have nothing against you anymore. That's why I'm dropping charges against your brother and what he did despite you and Mijin having a part in it." Turning to face Mora, Yeon added. "I'm choosing to move on as hard as it is. I just want peace and all this to end."

Mora reached out her hand to touch Yeon but he took a step back. "Please, just come inside. It won't take long." Mora appeared a little hurt from her expression. "I promise."

"It's late and I'm tired."

"I've never invited anyone to my place before...and I live alone now."

Yeon shifted his gaze inside the reception. Everything seemed normal. Looking around, he wondered to himself if Elric's mother had still put people to watch his every move and if they were still watching him at the moment. "Mora, why are you staying in a hotel, a very expensive one at that? What about your mother?"

"I can't disclose details concerning my mom but as for living alone, it's only until my dad is sentenced then I'll go back to our main home."

"Isn't it too big for one person?"

"It is, yet I have all my memories there..." Rubbing her hands together, Mora stated. "It's kinda getting chilly. That's why I'm inviting you but you don't want to come in."

Checking the time, Yeon finally agreed. "You have only ten minutes and I'm gone. I'm only agreeing because I pity you."

Mora smilled. "That's all I need."

Once inside, Yeon could feel the tension in the air as if their presence had been immediately noticed. Additionally, whomever they passed bowed their heads in respect, Mora acknowledging them with a nod accompanied by a gentle smile.