94. It Can't Be True

"Where is Elric and Niel? They are very late, how rude of them." Yeon's dad complained as he cleared the table, Stan helping him along.

"Niel didn't show up. He had an interview in the morning so he couldn't make it, though Elric was furious. They must have hand a big fight.""It's only when couples fight that their bond becomes stronger you know, letting out scents, loose emotions, saying what is in their minds instead of bottling everything up." 

Looking at his wide sitted comfortably next to Suzzie, he added. " It wasn't easy for your mother taming me down, I was a handful."

"He still is son. Don't let his calm demeanor fool you...""Still is." Mijin added quietly but was loud enough for everyone to hear her.She'd been sitting next to Yeon's mother who had been sandwiched the entire time between suzzie and her.

Mijin's remarks always made everyone uncomfortable especially her dad. In a normal situation, he would have scolded her but recently, he didn't know how to handle himself around her. Mijin had put up a wall around herself, a tough exterior that no one had managed to break except Stan's parents. 

They were the only people she appeared to be nice to however, they hadn't made it today for the graduation dinner celebration."Dessert anyone?" Mijin's dad asked." 

Nope. I'm full." Susie said and so did Yeon's mom.

"Ice cream yeon?"

Sure.

You eat like a horse! Where does it all go?" Suzzie mocked" 

Stan probably works him out everyday. What do you think?

"Mijin dear, do you wish for dessert?" Her father asked

No dad. 

But you hardly eat much these days. Your womb will not grow fully if you keep denying yourself food

I wasn't born a guy like you dad. I have it already in me...Come to think of it, everyone has been so focused on Yeon's condition thst you forgot I was a girl? Fuck my life!

Mijin mind your language 

Oh please let's state the obvious." Mijin looked at both her parents from one to another. " it's true right? It's always Yeon this Yeon thst...

"I should probably leave..." Suzzie stood up, pushing her chair and lifting it up and was relieved when Mijin hadn't attacked her as she usually did.Yeon's mother said. 

"Take a break tomorrow. I'll monitor the renovations and you handle our social media pages after..." 

" it's no bother at all. I've been in the house since the incident and you don't have to worry about paying me for this. We'll pick up soon..."

"How considerate of you Suzzie." Mijin spoke sarcastically.Mijin please...if you do not wish to have desser then perhaps a beverage..."

"I already said no. How many times must all of you act like you care about me? Leave me alone! Just leave me!"

 After her outburst, Suzzzie left immediately and the dinner was cut short. Mijin refused to leave the table to her room despite her parents insisting. They felt embarrassed especially since Suzzie and Stan had witnessed her tantrums.

" dad, why don't you insist on taking her for some mental health check up? She clearly is depressed and I would know. I was in her shoes months back"

At least you kept quiet, I'm doing my best to control myself from loosing my temper yet I feel guilty for feeling this way knowing she is acting our out of hurt." 

Facing down, he stopped briefly. He and Yeon were washing the dishes as Stan continued to arrange the dining are. Good thing Mijin hadn't been around for she had been forcefully escorted to her room by her mother." I feel bad that I've never managed to control her. It's always been your mother doing everything whenever she becomes like this. Damn it! 

Dad...

Don't console me Yeon. I don't want to ruin your beautiful day by having you stressing about me." Looking back at Stan then at Yeon, he said, forcing a smile on his face. " I'm proud of you too. Congratulations once more"

Thank you dad" Stan replied respectfully that Yeon almost laughed at him. Stan had never shown the same respect to his parents." 

I apologise on behalf of Mijin. Please don't mind her outburst and comments. She just want to hurt others as much as she is hurtingWhat becomes of his pair? Her mark...She is lucky it's his pair otherwise a fateds wound doesn't heal easily but she still needs at least a little care from him we are waiting for Elric's mother to give us a go ahead so she can have a visit even if it's brief. It appears her fated has been calling for her too.

This is weird dad. I honestly do not know how to feel about her situation. She won't talk about what happened to her to anyone even you two. I just wish she trusted somebody She seems to trust your parents Stan, and Mora

Mora cane here?" Stan asked surprised

Yes. You weren't around. " Yeon replied. "They went to her room and spoke for a while but before she left, Mijin seemed much more calmerYea. It was strange to see her laugh after a long time. As happy as I was to see that, she looked like she was forcing it... as if she were struggling but when I asked her, she said she feels great. Do you think we should ask Mora to visit us more often?

"No!" Both Yeon and Stan responded instantly

Wow! Is there something I should know! The way you've both objected so passionately makes me suspicious. Speak up Stan

She was there when Mijin was attached and I often get a bad feeling when Edi m around her

We can't rely on feelings alone. Remember she is a key witness to the enemy we are fighting who appears to be her own father. And I'm no fool. She many have told us what happened but was it everything? She is the only person that how's the truth since her father defies any allegations of the incident

What about you YeonI think the same as yoy." Yeon remind. Not wanting to add fuel into the fire of what she knew. A few weeks ago his dad had interrogated him intensely and he's denied knowing anything. As pressing as the situation wa, he was hoping mora to come clean about it the way she came clean concerning her deeds with Mijin.

That's why I'm suspicious of her. She could have said everything thst night but never did. I need to be weary of her.

Dad, I was thinking of something

What is it son?I feel bad but Mijin's accusation of us not considering her see hit me deep. She was born a female and her...

No! Don't even think about it

But dad, we have to consider the possibility What possibility? 

Thst will not happen to my daughter! She is going to recover and get over this pair. Stan, I spoke to your parents and they confirmed pairs cab separate overtime. They have weak spiritual essence after all

What's... what's going on

There is no way my child got pregnant for thst animal!

Dad keep your voice down...

Shit... I'm so upset! I'm so angry Yeon...We should have her checked up..She is irritable and moody just like I was when I was pregnant with her... I've thought about it countless times... but there is no way... no... She was cleaned up, they gave her medication to stop anything from happening

If they did then she is safe

What if she is not? She did undergo a gruesome experience and the doctors said they couldn't have given her more drugs since she had other drugs in her system. She'd have died from overdoseIf what you're saying is true then....She keeps calling for her marker, every waking minute. I can't stand it. Even in her sleep, she tosses and turns for thst monster... and I was like thst when I got marked

Damn it! It's time I accepted it. Mijin may be pregnant