68. You Can't Hide

Yeon had been sitting in the campus cafeteria after meeting with his professor once more to follow up on the completion of his project and was just about to head back to Stan's uncle's lab when he received a call from none other than Niel, who'd requested to meet him.

Soon after their call, Yeon's phone died. It was an inconvenience to him since they hadn't agreed on a common spot however, he did inform Niel of his meeting with his professor.

"There you are..." Said a familiar voice behind him.

"So the punk finally decided to show up." Yeon mocked as he stood up to greet his friend.

"Damn, I've missed this place." Niel spoke while glancing around at the sparsely populated cafeteria. " I can't get through you. I almost thought you changed your mind about us meeting."

"My phone is dead. I've been busy all morning and yesterday I forgot to charge it." Scanning Niel openly, Yeon smiled.

"What? Missed me that much?" Niel gave out a brief laugh then added. "Or perhaps you're upset with me like everyone else..."

"Your reasons were valid for getting scared of Elric who'll probably kill you the moment he finds out you contacted me first."

"Let's not even begin talking about him. Aren't you going to welcome me back?"

"Welcome you my ass! You locked me out too. I would have kept your location a secret. At least now I know where you place me when it comes to trust..."

"I do trust you...in fact I believe you're the only person I can trust at the moment" Niel said defensively then took his time before asking. "How is Mijin?"

Yeon's eyes crossed as he questioned, displeased by Niel's inquiry. "What the hell man? You should be asking after your fated..."

"Two months down the line and I'm still not used to it. I used to really despise that guy."

"Things are different now. He's been hanging around me almost everyday it's annoying and you're the cause of it. I'm glad I left him behind with Stan's parents...."

"Yeon..." Niel interrupted. "I thought hard of what you went through while I was away. I thought I understood but now that I find myself fated to someone I despise, it's become clear why you took your time with Stan."

"This is not about me anymore. Take responsibility Niel..."

"That's why I came back." Niel spoke as he patted Yeon's forehead to stop him from frowning at him. He'd expected a scolding from him so this reaction was a little dilute than how Yeon would have normally reacted. Often times, he'd scold him endlessly whenever him and Mijin fought over silly arguments yet at the moment, he was more timid, more reserved than usual.

"Are you okay?" Niel finally asked.

"The hell... ask Elric that..!"

"I'm asking you Yeon. Did you and Stan fight again?"

"What does Stan have to do with you running off after marking Elric? Dining and dashing? That's something someone like Elric would do but not you. I've lost respect for you..." Yeon quickly diverted the conversation back to Niel, not wanting to share information concerning Stan.

"I feel terrible when you put it that way." Niel replied as he leaned back on the chair and his head fell back in frustration.

"Did you just get back today?"

"Straight from the airport to the hotel to drop my luggages and now you. I wasn't even sure if you'd blocked my number..."

"I was thinking about it. I only didn't do it since I knew you'd reach out to me someday. If you can't handle guilt for too long, stop running away every time you face a problem."

"I'm sorry... Now, enough with the scolding." Niel lifted his head back to face his friend and smiled at him but Yeon didn't fall for it.

"I give up. Tell me what to do then."

"Solve your own problems by yourdelf. I won't be a mediator as I was when you and Mijin were together...!"

"Okay...okay.... Fine! I already know what to do."

"If you do then stop pissing me off!"

Niel giggled at how cross Yeon seemed of their situation before he finally asked. "I want to meet him privately. I don't know much about Elric apart from being a proud casanova so I don't even know how to have a conversation with him. I can't punch him now can I..?"

"You...!"

"I'm only jocking...chill out!" Niel giggled once more. "I thought things through thoroughly. Besides, I did come up with a plan of how I'll handle things with him... I've been sensing him since I left. I only came back because it was unbearable."

Yeon's eyes grew wide in shock before he asked. "That was fast...and weird too. You could sense him while that far? The spiritual essence that you two share must be strong then...or perhaps Elric is just crazy about you."

"I don't know about that..." Niel spoke as his eyes drifted to the floor briefly then back at Yeon. "I'd mostly sense lust from him. Other times, it just felt like acute loneliness."

Yeon kept silence as he remembered how his scenario had been. His situation may have been different but he did feel extremely lonely whenever Stan wouldn't visit his parents place after he'd moved in with them. After becoming self aware of Stan as his fated, he'd struggled with emptiness in him, as if a part of himself had been taken out of him yet whenever Stan came back, despite openly rejecting him constantly, a tiny part of him made Yeon feel safe knowing Stan was close by.

"If you know that, do better." Yeon advised.

Niel was unresponsive to Yeon's reply for his eyes had drifted back to the floor and he was lost in thought once more.

"I wonder what Stan saw in you when you imprinted on him. Did you ask him about it?"

"He did and I'm not about to discuss that with you except, mostly, he couldn't explain anything that made sense."

"Ofcourse he couldn't for even I can't yet I remember everything concerning Elric's imprint. Fuck..! I can't believe I'm stuck with him for life..!"

"What did you see?" Yeon asked, unable to tame his curiosity.

"He is like a sad kid trapped in an empty room...or perhaps living in the shadow of his father, constantly calling for help but no one comes for him...or his need to protect his mother in ways I can't even tell you for now but one thing was clear to me. Elric has always wanted to be held."

"Held? No way!"

"I know. I'm still digesting that truth. However, it's not in the way you're thinking you pervert. He just wants someone to hug him."

"What?" Yeon exclaimed then burst into laughter. "That's it?"

Niel smiled before answering. "Yes. His imprint was that simple. That's Elric's true self..."

"You finally decide to show up and the first person you want to see is Yeon?" Elric appeared, startling Yeon and Niel while walking towards them in a manner that suggested victory. His confidence to have finally found Niel was obvious.

The air in the cafeteria was way too calm that Yeon looked around only to notice people looking in their direction. Despite there being less students around, he still despised having eyes on him.

"Elric, how did you..."

"Don't worry about it Yeon." Elric spoke with a smile suspiciously warm on his face. Once he reached them, his eyes remained focused on Niel without batting an eye. "I simply borrowed my mother's resources in finding him and got a call the moment his passport was scanned at the airport. Took you long enough to get here Niel. Ofcourse Yeon would be the first person you'd want to see and that does make me jealous a little.

No matter. You won't be running away from me this time for I plan on cuffing you and binding you in chains."