108. I'm Smarter Than You

"Mijin, I won't support what you have in mind."

"It's not your decision. I don't want to keep this pregnancy, neither do I want to be tied to your family." Looking at Mora, Mijin asked. "How do you want me to tell this child once he grows up how he was conceived? That his entire family was there watching his conception like in ancient Roman ritual?" 

"Mijin calm down. It's not good for you to be this way in your condition."

Ignoring Mora's remark, Mijin got out of her bed and began changing from her pyjamas as if she was planning to head out. "Why do you keep coming to our house Mora? I told you I hold no grudge against you, just your brother..."

Mora watched her silently for a while, her gaze at the neck of Mijin's neck. She smiled at the sight of the scar disappearing among other parts of Mijin's body. "You are in no correct mental state to be making major decisions right now. Let your parents decide the way forward on this issue. it's already three months..."

"My dad is not against ridding myself off this pregnancy. I just need to convince my mom a little more."

"Mijin look, I don't think any member of my family has a chance at having a normal life apart from my brother. Keep the child please. I'll compensate you handsomely."

"Do not dare insult me. I've never once asked you for anything and I'm not about to start now. I've wanted nothing to do with you and your family after your brother and I split up ages ago." Looking at her image in the mirror, Mijin tapped her slightly protruding belly. "If you will not help me get rid of this mistake of a pregnancy then I'll do it myself."

"You know don't you?" Mora asked, still sitter on Mijin's bed. "I came visiting a few days ago and you weren't here. Your parents said you'd gone for a walk however upon looking for you, I couldn't find you but a suspicious transaction happened that day with your name under it."

"What the heck are you talking about?" Mijin asked, turning to look at Mora. 

"Stop pretending. You can fool everyone but not me. You and I are cut from the same cloth. You took it didn't you?"

Unable to play along any longer, Mijin scoffed then sneered. "So what if I know the truth already? What now? Will it undo what you, your brother and stupid father did to me?"

"When?"

"When what you stupid fuck?" Mijin advanced towards Mora.  "When did I start remembering or when I'm I going to expose you?" When Mora didn't reply, Mijin continued. "You messed with the wrong person you lying bitch. I warned you that I'd remember."

Ignoring Mijin's threat, Mora asked. "Where did you get the purified CS drug? I distinctively recall eliminating any form of contacts you had associated with that drug, contaminated or otherwise."

"Mora, you sold yourself out, acting all friendly to me like we were ever that close. It's obvious you want to have my life... Oh, you really wish you were me." Pulling a chair to sit infront of Mora, Mijin added. "I've been watching you closely, thinking to myself why you kept yourself constantly around me. You wanted to make sure I wasn't a loose end right?"

"Don't forget  that all I have to do is tell everyone you are crazy. No one is going to believe you Mijin. With your tainted personality, everything is in my favor. You treated your family badly before and after what you went through, do you really think they'd believe you? You're manipulative and selfish...."

Mijin suddenly slapped Mora without batting an eye at the sight of her head tilting to the other side. "My father is suspicious of you and so is Yeon. Not everyone is a fool as you think."