4. Who are you?

As I walked to the cafeteria, it felt like a dark cloud had been chasing me. Was it just me or were people whispering and looking at me? I'd only been away for a week and everything had changed so fast. I had no friends to follow up on what had happened last week neither could I ask anyone about it.

I wasn't a loner either, I just wasn't interested in people anymore. My focus was becoming an exemplary student, complete my degree and live an honest and disciplined life. I believed myself to be a good person who didn't need to give an impression on people to prove my worth.

I admit living for others before... I'd been such a pushover in the past and maybe that was why my past relationships didn't work.

How is it that people want to be loved and when you give them exactly that, they turn their backs and betray you? 

Oh well,  I needed to get to the cafeteria and grab something light. With Niel and Mijin making out  early in the morning, I couldn't make anything for myself.

"Excuse me...can we talk to you for a moment..." A nervous voice spoke beside me just when I was about to munch my sandwich. When I looked up, I could hardly recognize the three guys and the girl next to them.

"We just wanted to apologize over what happened to you...it's all over the college's online forum..and...we were also drugged too so if you want to talk about it, we created a support group for us to meet and discuss what happened."

"Do I know any of you?" Who the heck were these idiots? Was this a pity party or something? 

"Oh no you don't know us, but we know you...everyone does now." One of the guys introduced himself and the rest of them. I could hardly remember their names, but the girl did seem familiar. "We wanted to just let you be since any other students that were found drugged either left for good or may still be hospitalized, though at this point we doubt anyone had it rough as you did."

Had it rough? What were they talking about? Maybe I could get more information from them over what happened since I can't remember much.

"Do you guys want to take a seat?"

"Oh no, some of us have class and moreover, we should apologize for interrupting your lunch...Besides inviting you to the club, we also wanted to commend your courage to come back to campus...and incase you need anything we are here for you. The student council is also looking into this matter since investigations are still going on." Addressing the girl, the guy talking continued, "Mora and Baek, do you want to stay behind and explain further? The rest of us have class in a few."

"Sure, if senior Yeon doesn't mind..."

"You can call me Yeon, and I do not mind at all." There was no way I'd let this chance slip by. I was planning on passing time at the cafeteria before that dimwit Stan was done with his practice. I might as well arm myself with information concerning what had happened that night at the party before facing him.

"How come the rest of you have your eyes looking all normal?" They looked at each other as if I was missing something. Did something happen that I didn't know?

"Well... I'm sure the police must have come to your place for questioning. The journalism department said you were the only one found marked...apparently." 

"Why do you two look so shocked about it? I'm sure there were other people marked if the party was such a mess as you're saying it to be. In the beginning I thought I was the only one, the police never mentioned anything about other people when they came to investigate..."

"That's because it's been kept under wraps by the school. Besides, you were the only one found in the middle of the street. Your sister had been looking for you everywhere."

"Yes, she was the one who found me..."

"Actually, it was Stan who found you. He was the one who through a whistle blower, discovered the drinks served at the bar had been drugged. Apparently, it was a prank to liven up the party which was definitely a huge disaster..."

"What? Are you saying he was not behind this?"

"Of course not Yeon! If it wasn't for him and the basketball team, the rest of us would probably end up looking like you right now...Ouch!"

"Baek! That was very insensitive!" This annoying girl started hitting the guy with her handbag. What a scene they begun creating...this isn't what I wanted...

"No need to get physical, I'm not offended. Besides, you two have given me some useful information and for that I'm grateful."

"...but, can't you even remember who marked you? You're screwed dude if you don't...Ouch! Mora!" 

I guess this Baek guy was one slow nincompoop and from how close they seemed, maybe they were dating too.

"Don't mind him Yeon, Baek here is done with his classes and should be on his way home."

"But I wanted to tell him what happened to me Mora, isn't that why we created the support group in the first place?"

"I'll see you in the evening with the others Baek, now go away and leave us alone. I need to talk to senior Yeon."

What could she possibly want to talk to me about? Was it related to that obnoxious Stan and his team players?

"Now that Baek and the others are gone, Yeon...your sister might find herself in a bind for going to a collage party when she is not admitted here. You must warn her to lay low for a while until this issue dies down. No one knew who she was except the two of us and I've been telling her to lay low but she is too sturbbon. Will you please warn her to not put the two of us in trouble. I told the police she was looking for you that's why she was at the party."

"I've never seen you before though you do look familiar...and I know all my sisters friends so who really are you?"

Chuckling, she blushed. Her reaction made me even more suspicious. After the incident I went through, I could hardly trust anyone at this point.

"Actually, Mijin came to get me to introduce me to you but when we came to where you two had been sitting, you were gone. She left me at the counter to go look for you. 

Yeon, I was the blind date you were to meet at the party."