159. Perfect Timing

"Random question babe. Would you consider having another person in our relationship if I'm no longer living?" 

"What kind of question is that?" Niel asked, his eyes on the infant resting comfortably in his arms.

"Just answer me."

Standing up, Niel placed Luca gently into his cradle and took Lusha as well from his fated's arms and did the same. Not wanting to delve further into Elric's question, Niel walked past Elric and picked up a bag of used diapers then looked back at his  rather amused fated. "The next diaper duty should be in three to four hours or less. That gives us enough time to rest and cook something heavy. What do you want to eat?"

"Come on, my question has a valid reason behind it."

"Either you are cheating on me or thinking of it otherwise, why would you ask me that out of the blue?"

Elric guffawed at his fated's remark then covered his mouth and glanced over at both Luca and Lusha. It was a relief to still find them asleep. "You wound me..." He whispered looking rather surprised than disappointed. "Why would conclude that?"

"Your frivolous nature backed by your proud promiscuous past." 

"I imprinted on you, remember? I can't love another babe."

His face plain, Niel asked. "Do you have any idea how many unexpected guests have shown up since we moved here? Even the help complains of being bombarded by numerous phone calls from strangers looking for you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your past still follows us Elric until now. It doesn't matter whether you're dating, married with kids..."

"You and the help appear to be in excellent terms." Elric seemed displeased. "She knows too much. It's time we had her replaced." 

"Bear in mind she played an integral role at helping birth our babies." 

"Why'd she have to speak to you about the phone calls without coming to me first? That's nosey and unprofessional."

"Don't be grouchy all of a sudden, I like you better cheerful. You know the help does an excellent job housekeeping and being a nanny at the same time. Maybe you don't know but not a lot of people would do both jobs with what we pay her. Moreover, we can't bring in someone new until all is settled. 

Additionally, why would I fathom thoughts of your demise to begin with? You practically witnessed the loss of a fated, something that still traumatizes you to date. I wouldn't want Luca and Lusha to go through what you passed through." 

Elric remained silent, his smile disappearing. He then walked back to the cradle and watched Luca and Lusha whistling away with every intake of breath. One of them whimpered, raising a tiny fists up and Elric grabbed on to it only to pushed it gently back down.

"You now babe, I was almost certain what you're going to say to me. However, I'd want you to fall in love and not wallow in loneliness like my mom."

"I will never take in someone else."

"Why?"

"We are fated. It's that simple."

"If we were paired your answer would have been different then?"

"Of course it would. I'd never thought in my life to be fated to anyone especially to you. I was committed to my ex. She was the only image in my mind whenever I thought of my future. Had I known I'd end up with you, things would have been different and besides, I quite like this type of future."  

"Quite?"

Niel sighed exasperatedly. "Elric, what do you want from me?"

Elric pulled a chair then placed it in front of Niel then sat down. "Put the diapers away and help me comb my hair."