77. The Real You

"Why do bad things keep happening to our family? Whom did we offend? It's like a constant never ending roller coaster....When will this case ever come to an end?" Yeon's father spoke looking discouraged. After meeting with the police for an interrogation in the presence of Elric's mother, they were advised to head back home.

As per the update, not much damage had been done from the fire. There was however an intentional attempt that was initiated by the casualty, who was captured through the camera. He come in as a guest seeking to enroll but decided not to check out post his walk around. He'd later requested to do a self familiarization of the spacious facility, since it was also equipped with executive rooms for members who sought rest and physical therapy post a straineous session. However, the gym closes early on Mondays and the guest could not be found afterwards therefore, Suzzie and Mijin's mother assumed he'd left but never did.

Post investigations, a cigarette bud was discovered to have started the fire and the smoke detector had been intentionally obstructed in one of the singular executive washrooms. There was a smoke buildup for a while and since the facility had already been locked early, the culprit was trapped inside, taking in a lot of smoke with him. Soon afterwards, the fire grew and spread out to other rooms setting off the unobstructed smoke detectors.

Suzzie and Mijin's mother had not been far off when they received the dreadful news. It was a mistake on their part to have rushed in to try and salvage the situation but the thick dense smoke would not have gotten them far. Good thing the fire alarm system prevented the situation from getting worse and the fire department got there in time but by the time they fully controlled the situation, the victim was found unconscious. They had to be taken in since they previously informed the fire department that no one had been inside when they left however, upon Elric's mother taking over the situation, they were later cleared and rushed to the hospital for further check up together with the victim.

Mijin showed up later at the hospital claiming one of the bystanders, whom she was familiar with informed her via cellphone of what had happened to her parents gym and which facility they'd been taken to. When she got to the hospital, her mother and Suzzie were still being questioned of the identity of the casualty. Luckily, Suzzie remembered his name since she was the one who did his walk around. Upon hearing the familiar name, Mijin confirmed his identity as Mora's brother.

It was no news to the police that he was discovered to have the SC drug in his system however, it surprised Mijin further that he was free to roam around despite getting out from prison recently through bail.

They went back home afterwards, fatigued physically and mentally. Mijin glanced at her demolarised parents and Suzzie for a while before excusing herself to use the bathroom.

Once alone, she checked her phone to find numerous calls from Mora and a text message to call her back in urgency. As much as she hated doing so, she had no choice. Mora had been on her neck recently about keeping her promises, claiming to hold her freedom in her hands.

"What do you want?"

"Mijin dear, what happened? Ignoring my calls again? You know it hurts my feelings..."

"Cut the crap Mora. Why was your brother at my parents gym? I warned you..."

"Mijin calm down please." Mora seemed concerned but Mijin knew far too well to not fall for her innocent act.

"I warned you not to mess with my family anymore..."

"...And I kept my word but you know my brother."

"Your brother is insane you dimwit! He needs to be locked up for good! He is a manace to society! " Mijin shook from anger as she spoke. She wanted to scream at Mora but had to whisper, lest anyone discovered she had an idea of why everything seemed to go wrong within her family. "Can't your father control him as he always did?"