65. I Know What You Did

I'm sorry Dr. Jiwon. He barged into my place at the wee hours of the morning today and I haven't been able to shake him off the entire day."

"Not a problem. My wife is fond of him and they get along fine. Once they are done with their mini outing, he can sleep over at my place an I'll monitor him closely."

"Funny how Elric seems to get along with just about anyone." Yeon giggled. "Even you to the extent of allowing him to share time with your wife..."

Shrugging his shoulders, Stan's uncle added. "I have seen that kid grow to what he is now. Him and Stan are basically brothers. He has always been lonely and does not know how to be around himself especially now that he's become dependent on his marker. To be abandoned like that...even I wouldn't do such a thing to my worst enemy..."

Yeon frowned a bit, feeling the need to jump into Niel's defense. He didn't want to have to explain how mixed up Elric and Niel's situation was considering that his sister was a major participant of Niel leaving like that. He watched Stan's uncle ruffle through his files and wondered if he should explain to him or not. So far, they had become close in the months they had sent together working in the lab and he was a good mentor that Yeon considered having him extensively tutor him but he had refused, advising Yeon of Stan's interference if he took that field. Afterwards, he had advised Yeon to have a sit-down with Stan over their future as fated mates.

"You'll notice most fated mates end up taking almost similar if not the same career paths. Thats because of their strong spiritual essence pulling them together. My wife stays at home and takes care of our home and our children... I know where she is and whenever she needs me or when I need her. We fought over this for years until we finally settled for this and it works for both of us."

"...but Stan and I are on different career paths..."

"That is why you should discuss this with him. In our time, we had to find out this by ourselves but lucky for your generation fated mates can learn from our mistakes. You will definitely have arguments over this, especially with Stan. He is sturbbon just like myself. He will do what pleases you infront of you but still do whatever he wants behind your back. Not with ill intentions of course, but as the one who marked you, in Stan's case, protecting you is his dominant instinct, and your acknowledgement is a reward that he seeks"

Yeon reflected on their past conversation and Stan's uncle had been right for Stan hand put himself yet again in danger and was paying the price.

"Found them!" Stan's uncle exclaimed enthusiastically. "I did not want to have this discussion with you without back up evidence." He spoke as he handed Yeon two sheets of paper pinned together.

Yeon perused over both of them, one being a cellar picture but couldn't decode what it was until he read through the first paper and his jaw dropped.

"This is..." 

"Yes it is Yeon." Stan's uncle nodded, a satisfied grin on his face. "I received approval to test your project on human subjects."

"This is unbelievable! How...when did you submit the request?" 

"Two months ago. Seeing that your project was coming to an end, ofcourse I had to take the initiative since it was doing well. Additionally, you are a genius at this that even I couldn't have bore the results you have in the short span of time as you did. However, this is not part of your school work. We are to be discreet about our test subjects since such an experiment has to be backed up by a lot of protocols and adhere to the  law medicine otherwise we run the risk of finding ourselves at the wrong side with the police..."

Stan's uncle watched closely at Yeon's surprised expression turning into a smile then a giggle as he read through over and over, often glancing at the print out of the picture and studying it closely.