SIDE STORIES

*SIDE STORY 1*

"Here you go Stannie. Merry Christmas."

"Thank you uncle. Such a huge box of a present. It's very light." Little Stannie shook it but there was no sound nor movement. "What is inside?"

"Well, my little nephew, do you know the story of fated mates?"

"Yes...a little."

"...And what do you know?"

"That when you meet your fated mate you become happy, like you and auntie."

"That's partially true...but you never know if you will mark your fated mate or not. They could mark you too and that takes a lot of responsibility."

"But uncle, I could meet my pair too and be happy like dads...or really sad." Little Stannie sulked. 

His uncle crouched to his eye level and rufled his hair lovingly. "Remember what I told you about responsibility. It's not easy for two different people to come together and live together however, as long as there is love, everything will work out."

"Are my dads ever going to get back together? Will I always stay here with you and aunt?"

"That is for them to decide but you must know they love you very much. Sometimes, people part so they can understand each other's perspective well, whether they are fated or paired..."

"What do you mean uncle?"

Stan's uncle laughed and lifted Stan up to his lap. "You know what, let's talk about something else. Your aunt told me you wanted something for Christmas this year..."

"I told aunty I want my dads to get back together. This is our first Christmas apart."

Stan's uncle took a brief moment before he asked. "Do you know what is in that box?"

"No." Little Stannie shook his head.

"I'll whisper in your ear. Come closer..." 

Stan's uncle had hoped for a tantrum but that hadn't been the case. When dad Robin later came to pick Little Stannie after he came from work, he was rather surprised to find a vibrant and cheerful son.

"Thank you Jiwon. Sorry I had to work during Christmas but I really appreciate you taking care of Stannie."

"Joss will be coming in later. Let's have a Christmas dinner..."

"Bye." Dad Robin dismissed the idea and put Stan into the taxi. "Tell your wife Merry Christmas."

While on the way, dad Robin wondered why his son was clutching such a huge present closely. "Let me carry it for you Stannie..."

"It's okay dad. It's just an empty box."

"Empty box? Who gave it to you?"

"Uncle." Stan smiled and looked up at his dad. "He said I can keep all my memories and the good things I'd like to do with my fated mate inside."

"Fated mate? Stannie, you are too young to worry about such things..."

"It's okay. Even if I end up meeting a pair, uncle said I must make sure to treat them well so we don't end up divorcing like you and daddy."

"Really now?"

"Yes daddy." Stan smiled then hugged the empty well wrapped box. "I'm going to write down everything I want to do with the person I love and keep it inside until it's full."

*SIDE STORY 2*

"Stop it you two!"

"She started it dad! Why does she always take my things?"

"Mijin, he is your younger brother, show a good example and be kind to him..."

"But he got the better present! Why do I have to get a bike..!"

"You wanted a bike Mijin! That's what you wrote to Santa!"

"I want a teddy now!" Little Mijin sprawled herself on the floor and threw a fit. Her screams brought her mom from the shower to the living room, her hair still dripping wet and a towel wrapped under her arms.

"This year again?" She asked and threw Mijin over her shoulder. "You're asking for a Christmas spanking young girl..!"

"Mommy it's fine..." Yeon grabbed onto her mom's towel and glanced at Mijin's arms and feet flailing around while she demanded to be put down. "She can have it instead."

"No Yeon." His mom bent down and urged his fated to take Mijin from him. "Son, You musn't allow your sister to always have her way, understand? This Christmas, you have to keep your gift okay?"

Bending to pick up his teddy, Yeon hugged it and looked at his sister who was still throwing a fit. "I can share this year. I'll play with it tomorrow mommy." Looking at her partner, Yeon's mom sighed in defeat.

"Mijin..." Yeon called out to his sister. "Here...you can have it."

In an instant, Mijin stopped crying and snatched Yeon's teddy. She fought to be set free by her father, who let her go and she quickly ran to her room.

Just then, Yeon's face dropped, a whimper escaped his lips and soon enough, he began to cry. His mom carried him from the floor and patted his back to pacify him. "I'll get you another one, okay? Don't worry..."

"I thought she was going to share teddy..." Yeon cried.

"Next year, don't give out your presents to her, okay?"

"O-okay..."

*NOTICE*

Hey lovelies ^_^

I hadn't planned for a side-story but thought it would be nice to share a little something for the sake of this season.

This novel will go on a short hiatus for Christmas break. 

Thanks a lot for walking with me this far.

I hope the two side stories serve as a little appreciation to you all for your love and support you've shown me.

Merry Christmas to you and your families and a lovely new year.

Stay healthy, see you on the 2nd January 2022Cheers!!!

^_^

Twinkle.