106. Seeing Through You

"Mother, stop this. You're infuriating me. Brother has to..."

"Why do you wish for him to recover? He should be disposed off!"

"We don't need him any longer! He has done more than enough as it is he won't be a threat."

"Your father won't let him live freely. He will continue to use him just like we did..."

"I agreed to cooperate with you but I will not allow you to control me mother. I'm hanging up now..."

"Don't meet with him please! If you continue to mingle with your brother you put us both in danger! Come with me, you can still make it for our flight out of this wretched country..."

"Goodbye." Mora hung up her phone then proceeded to block her mother's number. "Damn, she is annoying."

"Who is?" Mijin's dad appeared from behind Mora, who'd previously excused herself to make a call outside. "I was beginning to think you'd jetted off."

"Oh, sorry. I was speaking to my mother. She wanted me to leave with her on a last minute trip but I intend to stick around longer and follow up on my brother's case."

"Even so you can't leave. You're a key witness, if you still wish to help us that is."

"Sweetheart, think about her situation for a second." Mijin's mom showed up behind her husband then procceeded to hold them both by their hands and dragged them back inside. "She is going through enough as it is and to think she checks on Mijin's well being constantly, please show some compassion."

Yeon's dad replied, unmoved by his wife's plea to act diplomatic. "I'm sorry that I can't help but be selfish with it comes to my family. First my son, my business and then my daughter..."

"I understand, and I know you don't like me. Even so, Mijin is caring my brother's child and that makes us a family."

"Inspite of the circumstances of how she became in that state, I despise her sturbonness on keeping that child. I don't want anything to do with you or your family now and in the future..."

"Sweetheart!" Yeon's mom exclaimed in disbelief. "I'm appaled by your behaviour!"

"Fine! I'm leaving! I'm tired of pretending I'm okay with this anyway!" Yeon's father raised his hands in frustration as he walked away towards the bedroom.

"Please bear with him a little longer dear okay? Mijin should be in her room. She seems happy whenever she sees you."

"Actually, I was hoping I could talk to Yeon. He isn't picking my calls. I'm assuming he is quite busy these days."

"It's been a couple of weeks since he came to visit and his case taking a back seat may have encouraged him to act disinterested."

"It's disheartening to hear they dismissed it as carelessness among the youth due to lack of enough evidence. Yeon indeed was a victim. That's why I fully respect his father's anger towards me."

"He will come around." Yeon's mom gestured for Mora to take a seat on the couch. "That decision bothers him a lot. Howeve I'm choosing to focus on being optimistic. At least he met with Stan."

Nodding in agreement, Mora replied. "He is a good person. I've seen him when they were both in campus and I assure you he will take care of Yeon well."

Yeon's mom smiled but didn't acknowledge Mora's statement. Having her becoming a frequent visitor to her home, she felt she needed to be more aquinted with her more. Perhaps discovering Mora's personality would make her appear as farmiliar as she was to Mijin since the only thing she knew of Mora were the things she'd spoken of and her advent attention towards Mijin and her brother's well being. "Anyway, how are you coping with the current status of your family? Do you have anyone else youre relying on? Perhaps your mother...?"