34. Hard To Read

After lunch, both dads left for their room to rest, leaving Stan and Yeon alone together. They advised them on having a chat over what had happened and for both of them to find a way to cohabitate as fated mates.

"You two should be glad to have met each other. You have no idea the thousands of people who visit our clinic, asking for ways to artificially make them fated so figure out a way to get along peacefully before you both worry us to death." Dad Robin had warned.

Yeon stood up and walked to the refrigerator to get himself some ice cream. His face dropped when he found none so he opted to go out and find more. There was no way he was going to sit down awkwardly with Stan, who was openly shamelessly at staring at him. Clearly, he wasn't uncomfortable with the awkwardness around them and if an apology is what he was waiting for, Yeon had decided against offering it.

"If you are looking for ice cream, I'll be going for a walk later to the market square. You can come along with me..."

"No need...I don't like ice cream anyway..." Yeon replied and turned to leave.

"Yeon..." Stan called out, unable to put up with Yeon walk away from him. However, now that he had captured his attention, Stan had nothing to say.

"Why did you call me if you were just going to keep on staring at me?"

"I brought your notes for you, and your professor said you can continue updating her on your final thesis...if you wish to do online classes..."

"With whose permission..." Yeon cut himself off. He had decided earlier to be as passive as possible around Stan. Going into heat in his parents house would be just embarrassing for them both, not to mention they had already caught them in action, naked...they'd even cleaned him up before putting him to bed. If anything, he didn't want to burden them further...

"I'm sorry about earlier...today morning..."

"No matter. What's done is done."

"Even so, I should have done better..."

"Stop. You should go rest too. I'm sure you had a long drive coming here so just lave me alone." Yeon replied and turned to leave. Staying close to Stan only agitated him further. He understood he'd promised to listen to Stan and get a long with him but that was as far as he could go.

Stan was the epitome of things he'd never have. He was blessed with great looks, he was social, an extrovert, athletic, tall, probably smatter than him and all the professors loved him. Of course anyone would want Stan to mark them. Thinking all these reminded Yeon of Suzzie.

When Stan had appeared behind Suzzie the day they had all assembled at his parents home, Suzzie had blushed, forgetting she had come to be his pair. How the tables had turned that day. 

While in his room, Yeon checked himself in the mirror and wondered what manly meant. It had taken him months to get over Suzzie but never had he imagined he looked feminine to others. If that were the case, Mijin's lashing tongue would have already made him aware of it. He was skinny, but who said being skinny was feminine, in fact, Yeon had often wished to put on weight but failed miserably.

"Well this skinny boy now has two of the hottest guys on campus panting after him...what would you say to that Suzzie?"

"Yeon..." A knock on his door brought him back from admiring himself. That voice had to be Stan's. Opening the door, he found a stash of books on his hands which he informed him were his books given to him by Yeon's parents.

"You visited them?" Yeon asked to which Stan confirmed with a nod.

"Stop trying to get close to my parents. You and I will not last much long after the completion of my marking."

"What are you talking about?" 

From the look on Stan face, Yeon regretted speaking before taking time to think. Grabbing the books from Stan's hands, he looked up to him and asked if there was anything he needed to give him.

"What do you mean 'not last much longer'? Do you perhaps plan on leaving after..."

"We hate each other and want nothing to do with each other. After the marking is complete, I don't wish to have anything with you. You'd asked me before if you should cry and beg me to like you, accusing me of throwing myself to you just like my dear sister has thrown herself to every other guy on campus..." The look on Stan's face made Yeon scoff. "Don't look so surprised, those were your very words, not mine. Well, even if you cried your eyes out, I'd still not change my mind of how much I despise you, and I'd gladly not want anything to do with you, even if you were the last guy on earth..."

"Yeon..."

"Stop!" Yeon yelled when he saw Stan extend one of his hands towards him. "Don't touch me! This is all your fault! Stop acting like you care about me! Stay out of my business and my life! ...you're nothing...but a stain in my life that I want to completely shake off..." Yeon hadn't noticed his vision getting blurry from the tears that welled up in his eyes and were now falling down his cheeks.

He was surprised at himself and embarrassed at the same time that Stan was yet a witness to his vulnerability.

"Fuck!" He exclaimed, frustrated with himself that he couldn't even cover his face with either of his hands that were caring the books he'd given him. 'This had to be his plan...This bastard wanted to see me cry!' Yeon thought to himself.

"Stay away..." Yeon pleaded when he started to sense Stan's scent cover him, clouding his thinking as he whispered for him to calm down but his sobbing only increased when he remembered the number of times he'd gone into heat and Stan had been a first hand witness to them all, even helping him jerk off.

Had he realized then that they were fated? Or did he do it out of pity? He'd many a times made it clear to him how openly Yeon was a burden to him, and how much he thought Yeon of being careless, patrolling his eyes, the evidence of being abused for everyone to see.

Stan took the books from him. Dropping them on the floor, he pulled a shaken Yeon towards him and did his best to calm him down with his scent. He was careful this time to not let out as much as he'd done before. 

He didn't want to put him to sleep.

If Yeon was to wake up afterwards, he'd just avoid him as he usually did and that would hurt him. While away from him for two weeks, he'd taken plenty of time to reflect on their future, their plans...Yeon's future plans and if Yeon would will it, he was happy to be a part of his fated's life...even if he were to continue hating him.

Within minutes, Yeon began to calm down, his shaking reduced. Stan breathed a silent sigh of relief, thankful that Yeon hadn't gone into heat...though he'd sensed it's onset, but this time it felt like Yeon was more hurt than angry.

To Stan's surprise, Yeon hugged him back, pulling him closer to him. Stan could feel his heart picking up it's beat and tried his best to distract his mind and not get excited. Luckily, Yeon's head was rested on his chest so he wasn't able to notice his surprised expression and his struggle to not become excited. From his last memory of Yeon resting on him like this, he'd become extremely excited, enough for his member to poke Yeon's tummy.

He raised his head to look up and caught a glimpse of his dads from their bedroom door peeking at them with a smile on their faces, Dad Robin giving him a thumbs up.

'Damn their nosey asses...they'd seen and heard everything,' Stan thought as he signaled them to close their door but they only got excited.

The two were all it took to calm his excited member down. Thankfully, Yeon had been just at the door, his head facing away, opposite from  his dads room.

"That's enough..." Yeon murmured, dropping his hands from Stan's waist and pulled himself away to ending the embrace, and before Stan could ask if he was feeling much better, Yeon Slammed the door on his face.

Glancing to check if his parents had witnessed that too, he found them giggling as they slowly closed their door.

"Well, this didn't go as planned..."