22. Slipping From My Fingers

"Were you behind that prank Elric or have any knowledge of it?"

"Oh, even for you Stan, that has cut me deep."

"I'm sorry, I just had to know. You're born with a silver spoon and are ambitious when it comes to getting what you want. Despite your casanova tendencies, you're popular with both male and female students, not to mention your influence on people outside campus. You also had knowledge of the hidden exit behind the bar which I wouldn't have discovered if it hadn't been left open. Moreover, you were a bit too relaxed that day in calling the police, busy making out with the victim's sister Mijin, the famous femme fatale."

"Wow! A complement from you feels like I discovering a leprechaun Stan." Elric said enthusiastically then added. "Your accusations though, I can see why you'd suspect me however, I'll tell you what I told the police during my interrogation. The owner of that messed up place is a mutual friend and I hadn't been in contact with him for months. He was interrogated too and found innocent. All I know is those kidnappers had prior knowledge of the party, and the prank too. They probably had planned to take more than just one student at that day and the campus loner, Yeon, who was the most vulnerable of us all. No one alerted him of the drugging so he kept drinking alone for a while."

"Because you were busy making out with his sister."

"About that, she's the one who approached me first and you know I'd never turn down a pretty girl." Sighing out of frustration, Elric leaned back on his chair. We were sitting in the lecture hall alone. I had asked him to stay behind after his lectures to inquire about this issue. He may provide a clue about what had happened to Yeon that the police and I were still missing.

"You also have a reputation of being a playboy Stan though you don't seem to care much about what others think of you. If they only knew what a hopeless romantic you are." I watched Elric stare at me for while before he asked. "You like him don't you? That's the reason you're playing Velma from Scooby-Doo."

I burst into laughter at his statement. Elric loathed my love for romantic movies so I'm sure he was trying to pull my leg with his statement. He chuckled before sitting back up and shook his head.

"You dream to have a love story similar to the romance movies and books you read just like the one you had with your ex. You've also been rejecting anyone that has tried to win your heart which makes me I wonder if you still keep that picture in your room and if you haven't thrown it away, confirm it to me right now since that will determine whether I'll be cheering for you, or become your competition."

"It's frustrating Elric, not knowing what the future holds for me. I don't have a habit of helping others yet I find myself drawn to someone as grumpy as him, to the point of thinking his personality interesting.

Like him you ask? What could I possibly like about him? He neither has the face to capture one's attention apart from his eyes, and neither does he have an attractive personality...infact, his personality sucks. I'm not a look's only kind of person as most people to go only for physical appearance yet, I find myself wanting to be around him, protect him, see him smile, laugh... I want him to tell me what he ate, which music he listens to and have a stupid conversation with him like why he likes ice cream so much...."

"You stalker!"

Drat! I'd said too much to this big mouth. He was going to tease me for this forever and as I looked back at him, he wore an accusatory face yet appeared excited to have found my secret out. "I-I...just got curious about the things he likes...and ice cream is one of them."

"Well you have to tell me the flavor since I'm taking him on a date this evening."

"What date?" Even for Elric, that was fast.

"His sister, the famous femme fatale as you like to call her, and her boyfriend set me up with him. Apparently, he is to find a pair soon and complete his marking. That will somehow stable how much scent he keeps letting out. Honestly, I doubt I can do much for him but I don't care. I get to bed him and get drunk on that seductive scent of his. You may not think much of his looks or want to pair with guys but I'm not picky and neither do I ponder over things as long as you. Personally, I know why I like him and I have conviction that I'm the jerk that's going to end up being with him, even if I have to give up my search for a fated mate."

"Stay away from him Elric, he's already gone through a lot as it is."

"Who said I had plans of playing around this time? Besides, I have approval from one of his family members and I'm confident I can take care of him. I'm rich."

I watched Elric stand up to leave but before he left, he added with a tease. "I have been to your room many times Stan that's why I'm convinced you've lost this fight. Your picture with your ex must still be up. Therefore, you can't blame me for wanting to be possessive of Yeon and just so you know, he loves horror movies just like myself. How more compatible could we be? I guess I'll find out soon enough."