24. I'm A Man Too

I'd decided to go get some dinner for both Yeon and I, with the assumption that by the time he woke up he'd be hungry. Additionally, we'd both overexerted ourselves releasing a lot of scent. We both needed a boost in energy.

Yeon had also been scenting out gradually in his sleep. I'd hoped he was dreaming of me and often times, I would let out a bit of my scent and watched in satisfaction as he'd relax afterwards.

After taking a quick shower, I started warming up the food. I had become too hungry to wait for him to wake up. That was when I got a call from Elric and was tempted to ignore it but decided against it. I knew I wouldn't be able to avoid him forever anyway.

"Have you calmed down yet?" From the way he casually spoke, he didn't seem to bear any grudge.

"Yea. Is that why you called to check on me?"

"You were always the mean one of us two. What, you think I'd fight with you over a lover? Have some faith in me Stan. Besides, I have my pride. I know a loosing battle when I see it."

Was he giving up this early? That was unlike him. "What do you want?"

"I visited your apartment and you weren't there. You missed your lectures today so I thought I'd check on you Stannie. Besides, it's been a while since we hanged out..."

"What do you want Elric?" There was no way he was calling me for just that. Besides, Elric only came for lectures because his mother was forcing him to.

"You got me." I heard him chuckle from the other end. "I wanted us to talk about Yeon and before you snap at me, you really need to control your temper Stannie, I almost peed my pants yesterday you know. You also scared an innocent girl in front of her own home. Have you no shame?"

"I'm going to hang up if you called to lecture me and enough with calling me that..."

"Okay hold on. If you want me to hit the nail on the head, I'll gladly do so though this is not a conversation we should be having over the phone." I heard him take a deep breath before he blurted out, "You marked Yeon right?"

What the...wait... Did he follow me when I went to look for Yeon the day he'd disappeared? That can't be! He'd been with Mijin making out without a care to who was around. No one had followed me that day.

"That's the only explanation I have from how you reacted yesterday Stan. You roared the life out of us for nothing. Why couldn't you just say he was your fated mate? I'd have given up the battle."

He knew? But how?

"You have just made Yeon more and more attractive to me now. How comes you didn't complete his marking when you had the chance, or were you afraid to mark a guy and end up like your dads?"

"I...I didn't mark him, he was already marked when I found him." Why was I stuttering? I was saying the truth.

"Yea yea you can lie all you want but yesterday, even a fool could tell you two are fated mates from how you used the sound of fated mates. Look Stan, I don't mind handing Yeon over to you and stepping aside but you were careless. You and I both come from broken families, and you're familiar with my mother's case, being marked by a fated mate then loosing them. I can't imagine what would happen to my mom if my father had passed on without completing his marking on her and I wouldn't wish that on Yeon. He is a sweet guy so either you complete the marking or let someone else like me handle it. You should have said you liked him long before that stupid party."

"I won't deny I've been careless but I didn't know the guy before that day." I decided it was pointless to hide what was already out in the open. I might as well tell him the truth. "Yeon was marked multiple times when I found him and the police together with the hospital have evidence of this. I found him almost passed out then he imprinted on me briefly. I think that's when he unlocked my scent manifestation, then unconsciously manipulated it to calm him down after biting over the marks he'd gotten on his shoulders and neck."