73. A Happy Occasion

"Don't tell your mother about this...."

"Dad...."

"I only meant to take a sip."

"Dad listen..."

"If you say a word about this, I'll tell her you said her cooking was horrible as compared to Stannie's parents."

"You're drunk. Please don't drink anymore."

"You are such a worrywort! Be like my son in law and go with the flow! We are here in celebration because of him! You should relax a little son, you're embarrassing me!"

"What a pain..." Yeon placed his palm on his face in frustration. It's been a while since he saw his father this drunk.

"Didn't you quit drinking?"

"Says who? I only sip a little whenever your mom isn't around." Yeon's dad said as he extended his empty glass of wine towards dad Robin for a refill.

"Of course..." Dad Robin smiled nervously as he poured another glass for him despite Yeon's open gesture for him not to do so.

Looking at a passed about Stan next to him, Yeon's father nudged him with his elbow for him to wake up but Stan was completely out. "What a lightweight..."

"Look who's talking!" Yeon exclaimed as he snatched his father's wine glass. "I'll tell mom you're misbehaving because she is not here! "

"Hey watch it..!" Yeon's father slammed the table and everyone's attention was focused on him but he could care less. "I'm not that drunk for you to threaten me like that! She was first my wife before she became your mother..!"

"Oh my word. It's pointless talking to you once you get like this..." Yeon shook his head in disappointment.

"Let the man be! Why do you deny him happiness?" Stan's uncle spoke as he raised his glass up. "Cheers to good health, beautiful wives and great sex!"

"Not another one..." Dad Robin spoke as he started collecting the empty cans of beer on the table. He then looked at Yeon and urged him to take Stan to his room. "How careless of him to drink up when he is on medication. He never listens to anyone that I'm suprissed he got drunk without being persuaded..."

"What about the others?" Yeon spoke as he pushed his chair back to stand up then walked towards Stan. It was then that his father quickly reached for his glass and gulped down the remaining contents in his wine glass.

"Let him be!" Dad Robin cautioned when he saw Yeon reach to stop his father. "Just focus on Stan, I'll take care of the others and... what's keeping Joss so long? He was only supposed to call his brother's wife to come pick him up."

Looking around, Yeon glanced inside the house and saw him still on call.

"Would you like me to go fetch him before I take Stan upstairs?"

"No need. He understands why his brother needs to go home. I wouldn't want him yapping on about blaming us for keeping him away from his wife in the morning..." They both laughed while looking at Dr. Jiwon who seemed to be in an argument with Yeon's father about whose wife was better.

"When did he get there? " Yeon pointed at his father but dad Robin insisted he leave first.

"Once you're done with Stannie you can help me clean up with Joss."

It was easier said than done for bringing Stan upstairs was a hustle. He kept on waking up and falling back in his slumber which reminded Yeon the day Elric had casually mentioned to him of Stan being a lightweight.

"Only a couple of shots and you pass out? I'll make sure to remind you tomorrow." Yeon said after Stan fell in the bed. He took off his shoes and loosened his clothings then tucked him in and left for downstairs only to find dad Robin almost done with cleaning up.

"Did I take that long or are you that fast?" Yeon asked.

"Not to worry. Jiwon's wife helped a little before they left."

"Where is my dad?"

"He'll be sleeping in Stan's room for tonight. It's been unoccupied for a while so it's better there than Elric's messy room."

Afterwards, dad Joss joined in and in half an hour, they were done everything.

"Can't believe your father is a lightweight..." Dad Joss was the first to speak. He laughed at the sturbbon image of Yeon's father while he struggled to convince him that there was no more alcohol.

"I wouldn't believe it myself when Yeon here looks completely fine. Despite that, I'd grant him another bottle honey. I'm still frightened by him...."

"Frightened of him? My dad?" Yeon almost laughed. "Why?"

"Well...he did scare the hell out of us when we came to take you to our home for the first time with Stannie." Looking at his partner, dad Robin added. "Though...I'm not that frightened by him after seeing his softer side while we celebrated his birthday." Yeon burst out laughing and both Stan's parents seemed confused for a while.

"You two should spend more time with him and after a while, you'll realize it's my mother you need to be worried about."

"Your mother? No way! She is extremely friendly and more approachable..."

"Of course she is." Yeon replied and bid them goodnight, leaving them in a dilemma.

"I'm not that good at reading people but there is no way in hell I'd believe that. Yeon's mother is one of the nicest people I've ever met."

"Me too." Dad Joss agreed. " Unless she was putting up an act while we were in the island."

"Why would she do that infront of both her children? It doesn't make sense. Plus knowing her hightempered daughter, she'd have pointed that out if she noticed something off with her mother's change in character."

"You're right. Yet, Yeon is her son. Surely we should heed his warning. "

Looking at his partner with a worried look, dad Robin asked. "Should we give her a call of her husband's situation? He might be troublesome like your brother...oh wait...no need for that."

"Why?" Dad Joss asked confused.

"He was practically begging Yeon not to snitch on him about getting drunk.

"Then it is true. She must be scary if her husband doesn't want her to know about his drunkenness."

"Damn...I wonder how rough their BDSM normally is if she is the dominant one."

"Speaking of that... we did promise to try that out."

"No." Dad Robin shook his head in refusal and began taking the stairs to their room.

"What? Why?"

"I'm not getting marks all over me!"

"Then tie me up instead. I don't mind you leaving marks on me..."

"Be careful what you wish for." Dad Robin grinned. "You've been chewing me up all these years. If I become the dominant of us two, I'll make sure to pay back in full for all your years of biting."

"Okay..."